$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.7% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Robin Armstrong
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about this idea for some time now, but when I saw that there's an 18 Card Microgame Contest starting up, I decided to try my hand at another contest and see what happens.

So, here's what I've got so far:
Game title: While We're Waiting
Number of Players: 2-6? Maybe more?
Time to Play: Haven't playtested yet, but probably varies. A lot.

Here's the basic idea: The game is meant to be played while standing in a line waiting for something, like a movie, concent, Con panel, or whatever. Players pass around the deck of cards and do whatever it says on the bottom card (read by flipping over the whole deck, rather than drawing a top card and trying to read that). My idea is that most of these will be cards that have mini-games such as "First person to name something starting with the letter ___ wins this card" or something. Other cards would be Game Changers, such as "Everyone pass your cards to the left" and so on. Play continues until whatever you're waiting for actually happens, or all of the point cards are depleted from the deck. Player with the most cards wins (and that person moves to the front of your group in the line).

I'm thinking there could be a card with the alphabet written around the edge to use to select letters for the mini-games like the one above. A player would close their eyes, rotate the card in their hand, and stop with their thumb on one edge of the card. Whatever letter they are covering is the one that's used.

That's about all I've got so far. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.