Lost Patrol» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spawning on the Drop Pod rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristijan Petrovski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I was reading over the rules yesterday, I couldn't find any rule indicating that the Tyranid player could spawn on the pod when it is reviled.

Can someone tell me if I am crazy, I had though the tyranids gets to spawn on the pod.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they can spawn on the dropship in the turn it is revealed, as part of the normal turn sequence for placing them (which will happen before the scouts next get a chance to act).

1st Edition wrote:
...the lurker player can always start a new stack on the Dropship once it has been placed.

2nd Edition (2016) wrote:
Put a Genestealer on a tile at the end of a path, on the Dropship tile, or on a tile with an Infestation.

This is in fact the main reason I feel the 2nd edition is too tough on the scouts, and I suspect is also the reason GW later issued "difficulty" rules for the 2nd edition suggesting you might limit the number of GS's that can exist on the dropship tile at any one time (to 1 or 2, instead of the usual 3).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the response!!

And yea, it is pretty close to impossible for the marines.

I wanted to get a hang of the rules before I started with difficulty tweaks.

I think I will first try Geanstealers require an action to assault. So they can't just spawn three and get free attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slowmow wrote:
I think I will first try Geanstealers require an action to assault. So they can't just spawn three and get free attacks.

That certainly helps a little, and should give the scouts at least a slim chance of winning, since there can only(!) be 2 GS's on the dropship when it first appears assuming they want to attack you immediately.

Bear in mind though... the GS's could just use all 3 actions to spawn 3 minis & be patient, since it'll be very hard for the scouts to kill all of them unless they still have the heavy and/or sergeant. Which just results in the GS's topping up to 3 & murdering the remaining scouts on the next turn.

After trying a variety of tweaks (including that one), one of our favourites was "2 GS actions per turn instead of 3", which results in a similar endgame (2 GS's on the dropship, if they want to assault immediately), but also prevents them spawning 3 GS's and waiting. And it avoids the same scenario through the early game too... if the GS player wants a virtually unstoppable stack of 3 minis, it will take at least 2 turns to make one, giving the scouts a chance to react & intervene. It's still very difficult though!

There are loads of other suggestions/feedback from me & others in this thread, in case you haven't seen it...
Difficulty Tweaks, Collated (2nd Edition, 2016)

Hope you find something that works for you. It's a fun little game. I think it's the tile revealing/laying that makes it. Just a shame the 2nd edition needs the difficulty tweaking like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for all the help and suggestions!! I will check out the link next!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.