4 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Boardgame» Forums » Rules

Subject: Detailed Explanation needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jørgen K. Engen
Norway
flag msg tools
I am currently stuck with this game that I bought on a second hand shop a couple of months ago. I cannot seem to understand even the first fase of the game.

Movement: Can you move a swordsman and a settler in different directions?
If so, do you open both the exploration markers in both areas?

Confusion: Do you need to paint the battle units since they are all grey? How are you supposed to keep track on who owns what? This is way too confusing.

I am really lacking an understanding in how they wrote the rules for this game. How do you get Wonders, when do you get into a new era?

I am probably gonna ask several questions in this thread. If there is an explanation video out there I would be happy to see it. Could not find any on YouTube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad T
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't played this game for years, so I'm not 100% sure.
Aspmyra wrote:
Movement: Can you move a swordsman and a settler in different directions?
If so, do you open both the exploration markers in both areas?
Yes, yes.

Quote:
Confusion: Do you need to paint the battle units since they are all grey? How are you supposed to keep track on who owns what? This is way too confusing.
No. There are flag units that You put next to your armies to show who's the owner of the army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Andrade
Brazil
Brasília
flag msg tools
Hi, Jørgen.

We play this game a lot here. Let's go to your questions.

About movement. In your turn you cam move all your units, but only the settler can open exploration markers. The settler has 2 movement points, but if it opens an exploration marker, it can not move any more. So, if the settler expends its first movement point to move to a unexplored territory and open the exploration marker, it can not move any more this turn.

About the military units collor. No, you do not need to paint them. If you look at the collored minis, you'll see a banner bearer. This banner bearer is a marker. You put it near your military units. So, a bunch of military units together with a red banner bearer tells us that the military units belongs to the red player. All military units outside a city must have a flag with them.

The wonders are get with the science card. If you buy a science card in the buy phase, and the card has a wonder appointed into its base, sou you get that wonder with the science card.

You get into a new era when any player buys the first science card of the new era. The new era begins next turn.

And I never find a video explaining this game, but I can answer your question. Be my guest to ask.

Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.