GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 111.78
43.3% of Goal | left
Hey, i got this game and all its expansions because of the FFG license ending with GW. After looking more at it I see there are some reasons people dont like it. My gaming group of 4 probobly wont like the looong length of the game. So i was looking at house rules and other things.... what would you do to make the best game experience for first timers ? We are used to large games of varying complexity.
1.Would you use any expansions?
2. What scenerio would you use ?
3. Would you use any house rules ?
4. Nemesis ?
Thanks ! I want to play it more than once !!
- Last edited Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:11 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:10 pm
1. I wouldn't use any of the expansions. They really slow the game down.
2. Also, I'd use the suggested first scenario, The Mystery Beyond, where you just try to get to the middle first.
3. To speed up to the end game during playtesting: It was suggested the characters start at Level 3 with 1 Completed Mission.
For the first game, though I probably wouldn't use any house rules.
Maybe not use the Psyker character. He can bog things down sometimes, before players are more fluent with the cards.
4. Definitely No Nemesis.
I agree with everything Josh said, but I'd add one more thing. Make sure everyone knows what kind of game they are playing. This is a RACE game. So many times when I hear about long games, it's because the players are walking around trying to bulk up to become as awesome as they can possibly be. That's not how you win the game.
Make leveling up quicker by leveling up when you trade trophy points equal to your next level.