4 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Towing with damage cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Svelix Svelix
Germany
flag msg tools
When I draw a damage card that makes me move 2 Spaces, can I instead move 1 Space and tow somebody adjacent to me?

And follow up question: When I have a damage card that make me move 2 spaces in one of my programming slots, can I use that for towing when executing my program?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer to the follow-up seems to be a definite yes. Slot Damage Cards are treated like Command Cards, so even the rulebook's implication that you need to have movement from a Command Card doesn't stop you towing with such a Damage Card.

I don't know about the first question. The rulebook does state:
"...it takes a Command Card with 2 Moves to tow a Mech or Bomb 1 space."

That implies a non-Slot Damage Card cannot tow.

Having said that, I keep getting assumptions wrong based on taking the rules too literally. I could see the official ruling ignoring that sentence of the rulebook, especially as there is no such implication in the mission where towing is introduced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Svelix wrote:
When I draw a damage card that makes me move 2 Spaces, can I instead move 1 Space and tow somebody adjacent to me?

And follow up question: When I have a damage card that make me move 2 spaces in one of my programming slots, can I use that for towing when executing my program?

Yes, you can use a damage card to tow one space - either initially when you slot the damage or when you are processing the damage on your command line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Svelix Svelix
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks for this very quick answer!
(Answer also another of my questions, regarding the immediate effect of slot damage cards )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.