5 Posts

The Banner Saga: Warbands» Forums » Rules

Subject: Keeper of Names promote followers training cost for first turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Buck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Does promoting followers in the first turn cost training? If so, I guess you can only buy seasoned troops as the training track is on zero.

Just one of many questions this game has left me with, unfortunately. I was really excited for this one, I hope they don't just abandon it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Promote" Followers (camp action) and "Recruit" clansmen/Varls (city action) are 2 different things.

Followers are miniatures with cards you can place on the side of your role's board, paying their cost with renown.

You can "recruit" Clansmen or Varl with the City Action "Recruit" to raise the number of tents of the warband.

At the beginning you should recruit non-seasoned clansmen/varls cause your training is at its minimum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Buck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sorry, you are correct, I should have written 'recruit'. However my question still stands, as the training track is on zero I guess you can't buy rookie troops as they cost training also.

On a separate side note, I played the first scenario and it was over before it had begun almost...not much of a saga. There are a bunch of these smaller missions available and it seems hardly worth setting up the board for how few stops they have.

grumble, grumble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy rookie troops when your training is at is minimum value. So it's what you should do at the beginning of a mission :D

Troops don't "cost" training but renown, rookies give you a malus on "training" but only if you have already improved it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Buck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Great, that's the conclusion I came to so I'll stick to it. Thanks for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.