Popular Tags: [View All]
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I never thought this game would work well PBEM because of truncated logs (example: Bribe, Raid, Pillage), but I have been playing Seanmac PBEM. We have been at it for 10 days and we are on turn 3. The turns are so short that it is really easy to churn out the logs. The determining factor is how frequently you turn them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lange
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just received my physical copy today and look forward to leaning the game. I'd like to give PBEM a try in the near-term future if you're ever looking for another victim. (Or anyone else reading this for that matter!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, it plays very well on Vassal. At this point, I greatly prefer games with short turns, as I usually only have a few minutes here or there to bang a logfile out. And the automated module hasn't been a problem as far as clarity is concerned, not at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely. Anyone wanting to experiment with PBEM should look at the automated module. Take time to view the README and get acquainted with it. Then use it to look up the specific function you want to do ( example: draft, naval combat, raid, ground combat) after you do it one time, it really zooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My opponent and I jumped right in using the PBEM version of the module thinking that that was required as it's labeled as PBEM. Part of me wishes we'd used the automated (Live) version. But the upside of using the PBEM version is it really makes you teach yourself the game. There's nothing going on behind the scenes that you're not aware of. So it's good for newbies. Once I know the game better, I'll be happy to switch to the Live module, even for PBEM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. I'm on turn 5 in a PBEM, and it's been flowing just fine.

EDIT: After reading the previous post...

ITS YOUR TURN DUDE!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.