Hide
7 Posts

Vinhos Deluxe Edition» Forums » General

Subject: 1st Time using the expansion packs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B B
msg tools
What a great game! We have been playing the 2016 version, 2 player with none of the stretch goals yet...but now it is time to throw those into the mix.

Just a few quick questions that have quickly come up.

1) Usually we start off by eliminating 2 vineyards per the rulebook. Which is to say we only have 7 of the 9 vineyards available for purchase/use per game. After adding the stretch goal vineyards to the game will we still have 7 vineyards for sale/use...or will we now have 9?

2) The Acores vineyard speaks of exporting the gained barrel. Does that mean you can only export them to the "export" grid, not the "sale to hotels etc." grid?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B
msg tools
I found below in a post that you should only use 7 vineyards still. No luck yet on question #2.

ben1835 wrote:
What a great game! We have been playing the 2016 version, 2 player with none of the stretch goals yet...but now it is time to throw those into the mix.

Just a few quick questions that have quickly come up.

1) Usually we start off by eliminating 2 vineyards per the rulebook. Which is to say we only have 7 of the 9 vineyards available for purchase/use per game. After adding the stretch goal vineyards to the game will we still have 7 vineyards for sale/use...or will we now have 9?

2) The Acores vineyard speaks of exporting the gained barrel. Does that mean you can only export them to the "export" grid, not the "sale to hotels etc." grid?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ben1835 wrote:

Thanks!

That's the way I took it. Export only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Davis
msg tools
Regarding your second question - it can only be exported. You leave it on the special warehouse, and if a wine ages to the third slot then you can choose to immediately export it using that dedicated barrel (moving the barrel on the warehouse to one of the export spots on the board). So, no, you could not use it to sell to one of the local market places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B
msg tools
Thanks all.

That kind of makes it a tough proposition without a cellar then, right?

I mean it would take a good bit of resources/turns/actions to get the wine to a 7 value (the bare minimum in a 2 player) just for that 1 barrel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ben1835 wrote:
Thanks all.

That kind of makes it a tough proposition without a cellar then, right?

I mean it would take a good bit of resources/turns/actions to get the wine to a 7 value (the bare minimum in a 2 player) just for that 1 barrel.

True, but free actions are nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
msg tools
Once a wine tile reaches the 3 spot of the Açores warehourse, is the free export action mandatory to take a this point?

Or can I decide not to sell it, because it is not part of my strategy at that point, and would rather use it for something else during next turn? I know it's a one-time only action, so using it wisely seems like an optimal decision.

I would assume the same would apply if I cannot export it because there is no available slot that corresponds with the value.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.