6 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: home made trays using card stock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
k c
msg tools
mb
It was nice of GF9 to include all the little bags for the components. After playing several games, I realized the setup, organization, and cleanup can take quite some time.

I thought it would be so much nicer to have all the components already stored in their own trays, right out of the box.

The broken token seems like the perfect solution, but I thought I'd try it myself first. I did some measuring, and printed a template out to some card stock. I'm pretty happy with the results.

I have an 11x17 Brother color inkjet. I was able to design and print the template to the larger 11x17 card stock. After 3 design attempts, I finally got it to fit into the gamebox. It was a lot of scissor cutting and folding, and yes... some scotch tape.

Setup and cleanup is much quicker now! I recommend dumping the baggies for trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
I prefer the separate boxes per player that I got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Holmstrom
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
No offense to broken token but a $6 Plano is just as good storage solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Strategery21 wrote:
No offense to broken token but a $6 Plano is just as good storage solution.

Mine are a different brand, but the boxes I posed above are only $6 each as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the box insert for the first time (still haven't got my copy). I am surprised there is no dedicated room for additional system discs.

That's weird because the expansions seem to be an integral part of the whole game system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamiri wrote:
I see the box insert for the first time (still haven't got my copy). I am surprised there is no dedicated room for additional system discs.

That's weird because the expansions seem to be an integral part of the whole game system.

Or wells for extra cards (or sleeved cards), etc. You might cram some extra baggies of ships/nodes/etc in there, but this insert is basically going to get trashed the minute you try to add even one expansion to the box. I think they knew this, and that's why we have such a huge box to begin with. Plenty of room to homebrew our own storage and put several expansions in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.