Subject: Now that some folks have received their games... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are the session reports people? Please allow us less fortunate to live vicariously through you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kbieb wrote:
Where are the session reports people? Please allow us less fortunate to live vicariously through you.

Yeah! I am waiting as well! Hopefully, this week end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mechs vs. Minions Session Report 10/19/2016

Today, I logged onto BoardGameGeek and visited the Mechs vs. Minions folder. I found 17 threads reporting that people had not gotten their games yet, 4 threads reporting that people had gotten their games now, 6 threads speculating on what hour their games would be delivered today, 14 threads speculating that the game will be the greatest thing ever, 9 threads denouncing the ridiculously overhyped game, 4 threads denouncing the denouncers, 7 threads commiserating over excess charges of 3 cents or less, 5 threads proposing detailed modifications to the Riot Games online store software, 19 threads extolling the online support from Riot Games, 3 threads reminding everyone that Riot Games is a Big Evil Corporation, and 12 threads asking people to post more or fewer of the above thread types.

Session Rating: 8. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's session.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

Today, I logged onto BoardGameGeek and visited the Mechs vs. Minions folder. I found 17 threads reporting that people had not gotten their games yet, 4 threads reporting that people had gotten their games now, 6 threads speculating on what hour their games would be delivered today, 14 threads speculating that the game will be the greatest thing ever, 9 threads denouncing the ridiculously overhyped game, 4 threads denouncing the denouncers, 7 threads commiserating over excess charges of 3 cents or less, 5 threads proposing detailed modifications to the Riot Games online store software, 19 threads extolling the online support from Riot Games, 3 threads reminding everyone that Riot Games is a Big Evil Corporation, and 12 threads asking people to post more or fewer of the above thread types.

David let me take this (long overdue) moment to just say that while you're frequently a jackass you're my kind of jackass! When I see your avatar pop up in a thread I immediately know I'm about to (at minimum) get a good chuckle. Keep up the good work (re: jackassery).

PS Just to be clear I'm saying this with absolute honesty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jenkinson
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

David let me take this (long overdue) moment to just say that while you're frequently a jackass you're my kind of jackass! When I see your avatar pop up in a thread I immediately know I'm about to (at minimum) get a good chuckle. Keep up the good work (re: jackassery).

Always wanted to say this as well - his witty jackassery stands out in every thread he appears in - he's the hero we never knew we wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Pivarcsi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

Haha, now this was a good one. Very trollish, but golden nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At least he took the time to classify and count the threads, which is...useless?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
Ireland
flag msg tools
thebaker1983 wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

Hehe....I wholeheartedly agree.

As we say here in the old country, David, you're some man for one man!

.....keep it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mechs vs. Minions Session Report 19.10.2016

After work I built up the Tutorial Mission with my 6 yo son. After the table was set up and the Program cards were unwrapped and properly shuffled we played two turns and shattered all the crystals with Scythe, Cyclotrone, Flamespitter and Chain Lightning...

...and then my wife called for dinner!

After dinner it was too late to continue and since the next few days we will be occupied otherwise I packed everything back in the box.

True story!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick DeGeest
United States
Ft Pierce
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
transcend11 wrote:
thebaker1983 wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

Always wanted to say this as well - his witty jackassery stands out in every thread he appears in - he's the hero we never knew we wanted.

David is my favorite contributor on BGG! Is there a way to subscribe to all of his posts? And then I want an 'I subscribe to DDJ' microbadge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paleologos
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

Now THAT's what I call an excellent session report!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pdegeest wrote:
transcend11 wrote:
thebaker1983 wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

David is my favorite contributor on BGG! Is there a way to subscribe to all of his posts? And then I want an 'I subscribe to DDJ' microbadge!

Click on the down arrow next to his name and there is a subscribe option there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

I lol'd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here a copy paste of the report I wrote for the couples geeklist.
Original post can be found here, Item for Geeklist "What Couples Have Been Playing - October 2016"

Most of you probably noticed this game high up in the hotness list, some of you maybe followed this a bit or watched some of the reviews.
So did we, and I was really into the hype, loved how Riot promoted this game. So I was ready when the orders opened up and after 30min of refreshing I managed to get in and order a copy (Riot was totally overwhelmed by the amount of people and their website had trouble managing the traffic, they apologize for this on numerous occasions).
Today our copy arrived.

Not my picture
This is a beautiful looking coop game inspired by (and made by the same company that made) League of Legends in which you program your mech to destroy lots of minions (hence the name ☺).
Components in this are just stellar, big sturdy box, beautiful inserts, prepainted mechs, prewashed minions, big envolops that contain the mission (and new cards and stuff), really top notch.

We managed to get our first quick game in after work. We used the tutorial mission included to learn the game.
It explains al the mechanics in an easy to understand and fun way.
Most of this I knew already from watching Rahdo's runthrough on this, but my gf didn't yet. I love how they used the tutorial to introduce new stuff step by step. It is our first "programming" game and my gf really like being introduced slowly into al this.

After playing the tutorial the game instructed us the open the first mission envelope but it was getting late and it was a long day at work so we decided to wait and open the envelope and play the mission tommorow.

Very early to say much about the game but our first impression is very very very positive. Really impressed by everything and can hardly wait to play our first mission tommorow.
More to come.

Update: Mission 1

Just finished our first real game, the first mission.
It was still very basic giving us time to get used to the programming and how the minions move and attack. Since this mission is very basic I'm not gone use spoiler tags yet, maybe for updates on future missions I'll use them not to spoil the suprise for those who don't want to. (Loved how Rahdo kept his runthrough very low on spoilers, never watched anything else cause I like the suprise when opening new envelopes.)
We got our first special ability, these cards get triggered after you kill a certain number of enemies giving very cool one time or permanent abilities.
In this we had tho push or tow a bomb from the school to a repair spot. As soon as the bomb left the school it introduced the hourglass putting a timer on the drafting of our programming cards. Very fun how the hourglass forced us to plan before seeing the cards, and then coming up with something else if the cards don't come your way.
The mission wasn't to hard, the bomb started with 5 hit point and we finished with 3 left. Al in al a very first mission, looking very much forward to the next one. We haven't opened the envelope yet (but from the name I know it's the one rahdo did a runthrough on).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dean
United States
Monmouth Junction
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the great session report! Makes me excited to get my copy and try it out with my wife.

More important: I now know there's a couples geeklist and I joined the Couple of Gamers guild
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
itazzy wrote:
Thank you for the great session report! Makes me excited to get my copy and try it out with my wife.

More important: I now know there's a couples geeklist and I joined the Couple of Gamers guild

Very happy you liked it, and welcome to the Couples guild. It's a great place to share your love for gaming with your significant other and games in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
David is quite possibly my favorite jackass on BGG.
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the report Spukky!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: Mission 2

This I would call the first real mission, there is a real threat here, waves of minions keep coming and keeping the school safe (it only has 1 health) can be a though puzzle to Crack.
We played this mission 3 times. Our first game we made an big mistake we forgot to escalate the mission when we picked up crystals.
Try 2 we lost, to much minions closed in on the school and 1 slipped by blowing up the school.
Our 3th go we came very close to losing but we always just where able to figure out the way kill the dangerous minions. WE had a blast and thnx to a big rush for the last crystal by my gf we managed to get the win.
Very cool mission, our first real challenge so far and really loved it.
Also now we listen to the very cool mission intros on the riot website (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions/c...) which are very funny and set the setting.
Looking forward to try the next mission (we are going into spoiler territories from now so from now on I'll be using spoiler tags should I do more updates).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I was wondering if it was even possible to beat mission 2 with two players. I tried twice yesterday and didn't really come close (and in the second game I rolled red four times in a row so it was easier than it should have been). Glad to hear it is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.