Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First session tonight. Loved it!

I only had one question lingering after we'd finished: If I draft a card I don't want to add to the Comnand Line and don't want/need its Scrap effect, can I just bin it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you can just scrap for no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't provide an option to discard the card unless you are scrapping it. Hence, I think you must perform the scrap ability if you are able to.

Edit: OK, I'm wrong. We clearly now have official word the scrap options are optional. Sigh, my rules-fu just keeps failing on this game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
The rules don't provide an option to discard the card unless you are scrapping it. Hence, I think you must perform the scrap ability if you are able to.

Edit: OK, I'm wrong. We clearly now have official word the scrap options are optional. Sigh, my rules-fu just keeps failing on this game...

I really appreciate you chiming in, actually. I just wish we were better at making a rulebook. We'll get there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Clipper wrote:

I really appreciate you chiming in, actually. I just wish we were better at making a rulebook. We'll get there.

I honestly feel it's harder than making a game. FFG has made a zillion games and still cant' get it right 1/2 the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

Oh good, I'll continue to do so, then, seeing as it's not getting on your nerves. I was beginning to worry I might be.

And yeah, rulebooks are hard. You have most of the bases covered, though. I wouldn't be trying to interpret things from the rules if the books weren't already pretty well designed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Clipper wrote:

The rules are very good, especially for a game that is really 10 mini games.

You created an amazing product, you should be proud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Grant
United States
Buffalo Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
geekmail to jimgrant
badge
geekmail to jimgrant
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response -- this was my one question so far. I think using the word "may" is common in game rules/card instructions that lets the player know they have a choice. Scrap this card: Player may remove a damage card/may reorder... Great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.