Subject: More rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Huber
United States
Washington
flag msg tools

Move:

Most movement is "must do max". That's clear in most cases, especially when it's "retreat" or "close" or "advance". "Move" moves are less clear to me. Most notable is Mug Shot. It has "Before:Move 4". Do you have to move exactly 4? Most cards with move do specify if you have the option of moving less.... but I just wanted to double check.

Focus:

How does the boost timing work? I see 2 possibilities.

1. They either immediately put the card you named with the boost into play as a strike, or they immediately reveal their hand (allowing you to memorize their cards) and then they put a card down to strike (which you have probable knowledge of).

2. You name a card with the focus boost. Both players strike. If the opponent struck with the card you named, game continues. If they struck with a card other than what you named, they reveal their hand to prove they didn't have it.

The situation's primary difference is whether you know their cards for this strike or for the future. I think it's more ideal if they reveal after, so that gameplay doesn't halt while one player memorizes a bunch of cards.... but I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

1. You can tell if you "must" do a move by the range listed. If it says "retreat 4", then you must retreat 4. If it is "advance 1 or 2 spaces", you can advance 1 or 2 spaces, but you cannot choose to advance 0 or 3 spaces. If it says "move up to 3 spaces", then you can move 0, 1, 2 or 3 spaces in any direction. The exception is the edge of the arena - if you retreat 4 and you are in the corner, then stay put. You can never move past the edge of the arena.

2. Do the things in the order they are said. So first name a normal attack. Then place a card face down for the strike. Then your opponent must either strike with the normal attack you named, or reveal their hand to you. So unfortunately you do not see their hand first. But if you like the idea of looking first then try Alice with Soul Eye - Divine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.