Subject: 12 extra ? markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After setting up the ? markers on the board, I'm left with 12 instead of the 11 mentioned in the rulebook. Is this a typo in the Avalon Hill rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/30937/merchant-venus-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thaddeuspwhirl wrote:
After setting up the ? markers on the board, I'm left with 12 instead of the 11 mentioned in the rulebook. Is this a typo in the Avalon Hill rules?

Less a typo, and more a last minute design change.

Originally there was supposed to be a tater on the rock sw of Neutron Port, at the last minute AH decided that made the game way too random .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm not the only one that thought they looked like spuds...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Bart
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rri1 wrote:
thaddeuspwhirl wrote:

Less a typo, and more a last minute design change.

Originally there was supposed to be a tater on the rock sw of Neutron Port, at the last minute AH decided that made the game way too random .

In the Designer's Notes and Variant article of The General Vol.26,No.1 Hamblen suggests treating it as a "?" box as a game variant.

The General wrote:
2. THE LOST "?" BOX
Treat the asteroid in the Multi-Generation Ship system as a "?" box. A "?" marker starts the game there, and is discovered in the normal way.
Comment: The extra "?" marker can lead to a lot of interesting variations because the dot is so crucial in play. During the last stages of playtesting, this was discarded because it makes the game so very unpredictable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.