11 Posts

Dungeon Degenerates: Hand of Doom» Forums » General

Subject: Damn I want this for the art alone! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seriously considering getting this game after having sworn off Kickstarter (for reasons).
The art is a major selling point.
I read the rule preview and watched the video.
I would love to see the actual rules even if they are not print ready yet. I just want to get a better sense of the actual game play.

If anyone out there want to throw me some words of encouragement or wisdom as you might know more about this than me...it would be welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The art is great; do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I was pretty keen once I'd seen the art. Weird. Lurid. Reminiscent of the 70s and 80s alt scene.

What's not to like?

And as I read up on the various rules details in the updates.... This game sounds awesome.

DO IT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
There's a 15 min gameplay video up on the KS now that should help, if you haven't seen it yet. I'm editing together the second gameplay video so keep checking the updates on the KS.

What was your issue with KS previously? Just curious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cultofmars wrote:
What was your issue with KS previously? Just curious!

Here's the nutshell.

1.A well intentioned game maker has an idea for a cool game.
2.This awesome person works hard to produce a payable demo and even playtests the mother.
3.Posts said great idea on KS.
4.Like minded people rush to throw cash at our well intentioned inventor.
5.After much fan fair and some wait time the magical artifact of fun arrives.
6.The good hearted people have received it...but what is it.

It:
The "it" is a mostly-developed game with several great and novel elements but many glaring issues that about 1-2 years of proper development would have fixed. The backer got the "idea" of what should have been, but the game that both parties wanted was never produced.

There's no incentive to do proper development if people are gonna give you money anyway.

With that said. I've gotten plenty of great stuff too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kayne Brookes
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
N0mE wrote:
I'm seriously considering getting this game after having sworn off Kickstarter (for reasons).
The art is a major selling point.
I read the rule preview and watched the video.
I would love to see the actual rules even if they are not print ready yet. I just want to get a better sense of the actual game play.

If anyone out there want to throw me some words of encouragement or wisdom as you might know more about this than me...it would be welcome.

FWIW the creators have hinted that they are working on a blacklight version of the board art for a poster as part of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Äaberg
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mb
I think those are all valid concerns - especially in the world of kickstarter where it's "selling an idea"... I would say that for us, the Game Developers of Dungeon Degenerates - our motivation in producing a great game is in our motivation to create anything great, which is repeat customers, a reputation of creating quality products, the fact that we are motivated by people's good feelings of playing the game & ultimately in being known as producers of games that people love. In another way of thinking about this - this is our first commercially produced game & in that way it will benefit from "first album syndrome" where we are putting our best songs, our best energy & our most desperate, crazy energies into the project - so in this way - it will be the "Kill 'Em All" of board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's why I'll probably back it.

...please, don't rush it out. Playtest the f'k out of it and make this thing go to 12.

Let Every Die Roll be a Stab into the Heart of False-Metal!

[Just one piece of advice from an old crusty punk, let the backers help proof read the rules (as many other KS folks are doing now), it's for the greater good.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I backed it.
Absolutely "No Remorse"...no regrets (you know, and all that).
Can't wait to roll those colorful dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hell
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Yep. Backed on art alone. Beautiful stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now we need 1313 likes on Facebook.
I don't have no damn facebook and I don't want to damn facebook, but I got my wife & daughter to like it...so I did my thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.