Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: October 18th update rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Blozinski
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm surprised there's no chatter here about it.
I'd never seen all the Tcho-Tcho stuff laid out in one spot. They seem WAY cool!
Next year delivery is expected at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Vanpelt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool indeed. Though just seeing the rules and seeing them in action are too different things, ie, I hope we get to see some gameplay with these guys as the shipping dates get closer and closer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, now I'm kicking myself that I didn't order them. Wasn't too sure if they would be a fun faction to play, but they look interesting enough that I should grab the set once it actually releases to the public. Sucks that I was so careful with my finances on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmb
The 'bay of E, shall be your savior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Norton
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My fist impressions:

It seems like whoever the Tcho Tcho choose to start by will have a hard time. The Tcho Tcho will eventually have to kill off their home gate, and they can move to other peoples starting locations for really cheap.

The Tcho Tcho player pretty much decides at the start of the game which player they will screw over lol. Preferably, they will try to start adjacent to two factions, such as Black Goat and Crawling Chaos to keep their options open.

I really like how they WANT to start next to other players, when that is usually not the case for the other factions.

They will definitely be a resource management style faction (they all are, but some are built around it more than others). Having High Priests to get elder signs in the doom phase with Tablet of the Outer Gods will be very important.

Ubbo Sathla gives you a very good initiative to grab any neutral GOO you want since he is on the map at the start of the second action phase. Besides KiY, you should have first pick!

I see Chaugnar Faugn being a very good GOO for them (he is pretty awesome for everyone). They will have a base of 3 combat dice at controlled gates with Miri Nigri, which frees up Proto Shoggoths to reduce the attackers' dice. Then, of course, with The Curse of Chaugnar Faugn, you can sack 3 High Priests in the doom phase to net 9 doom points in elder signs! Hopefully 2 of your first 3 elder signs are 1s to make getting Chaugnar's spellbook a no brainer.

Yig is also a cool choice, because with snakebite + martyrdom, not only do you protect all other units from being killed, you inflict an additional kill on the enemy. His spellbook (rough to get having to kill of yet another controlled gate) assists greatly in late game when Tcho Tcho's are said to be weaker.

EDIT: I added these and more possible tactics to the Neutral Strat Guide

Neutral Strategy Guide

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember too that the Tcho-Tchos actually don't always want to beat down any faction too far - they earn Doom when OTHER factions do Rituals of Annihilation, so they prefer a world where this happens frequently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.