Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn Franke
Germany
Wildeshausen
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

can anyone tell me how many cards are supposed to be there before opening any of the envelopes?

I just want to check if anything is there before we start playing on Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalal Miftah
msg tools
I got 72 command cards. I don't know about the damage cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
76 Command Cards
20 Boss Command Cards

72 Command Cards
24 Boss Command Cards

55 Damage Cards
40 Schematic Cards

They're all about the size of a magic card. You can find a list of the complete box contents at: www.mechsvsminions.com about halfway down the page.

Edit: Whoops!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
76 Command Cards
20 Boss Command Cards
55 Damage Cards
40 Schematic Cards

They're all about the size of a magic card. You can find a list of the complete box contents at: www.mechsvsminions.com about halfway down the page.

Thanks for the info Chris. I assume you are totalling all the cards in the game (including those in the envelopes, right?) I am sort of spoiler-allergic, so I will not make a final count until I have made a full playtrough of all the missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:

Thanks for the info Chris. I assume you are totalling all the cards in the game (including those in the envelopes, right?)

That's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
United Kingdom
Cheadle
flag msg tools
Too many games
badge
Not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance we could get a count of what should be in the game without opening any envelopes?

I've got 72 and 38.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
uffegraa wrote:

I've got 72 and 38.

That's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jacobs
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
But in the tutorial the talk About system damage cards. They are missing at first? I'm a little confused now....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobja wrote:
But in the tutorial the talk About system damage cards. They are missing at first? I'm a little confused now....

Yes, there's a category of damage cards that do not appear until farther into the campaign, and are contained within the envelopes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jacobs
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Thanx! Really happy Again,,,,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they really did a great job with the envelopes and introducing new components step by step.
1) it makes the entry level nice and easy. I mean you only have to read 4 pages of rules and you can already start playing.
2) it gives you an element of surprise
AND
3) the feeling of unboxing something new, long after you have already purchased the game.

very nice.

However, they have obviously not considered how compulsive some board gamers are (me included). Many of us do an inventory check after opening everything. had they known, they might have included a comprehensive component list, before opening envelopes and for each individual envelope as well maybe/hopefully next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
LX1986 wrote:

However, they have obviously not considered how compulsive some board gamers are (me included). Many of us do an inventory check after opening everything. had they known, they might have included a comprehensive component list, before opening envelopes and for each individual envelope as well maybe/hopefully next time.

Help me understand what you're requesting. The full list of components is on the back of the box. Would you want a list of 'currently unlocked components' for the tutorial and a list of 'you should have just unlocked this' for the following scenarios?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
LX1986 wrote:

Help me understand what you're requesting. The full list of components is on the back of the box. Would you want a list of 'currently unlocked components' for the tutorial and a list of 'you should have just unlocked this' for the following scenarios?

I'd love to have a list somewhere of expected components in each envelope, even if it's just a number of what type of card. (like 4 schematics + 2 damage cards, etc.)

When I see a mission say to add damage cards from an envelope, and there's only one damage card in the envelope, I'm left wondering if my game is missing a piece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
LX1986 wrote:

I'd love to have a list somewhere of expected components in each envelope, even if it's just a number of what type of card. (like 4 schematics + 2 damage cards, etc.)

When I see a mission say to add damage cards from an envelope, and there's only one damage card in the envelope, I'm left wondering if my game is missing a piece.

this

to quote you from another post:

Riot Kades wrote:
I'll confirm it here.

The game begins with 72 command cards and 38 damage cards. And that empty slot is where your 40 schematic cards will go as you unlock them - 4 per mission (1 per yordle).

this information would have been nice to have somewhere in the tutorial or so.

obviously, once you have opened every envelope, the component list on the back of the box is absolutely sufficient. But since I have not yet opened every envelope and since one slot in the box was empty and combined with the fact that the seal on my boss-mech was broken, at first I was really worried that I am missing cards just like many others. and to top it all, the fist scenario has the error of telling me to add new damage cards, which are actually not supposed to be there. so of course, I was confused about how many cards I am supposed to have or not.

So to sum it up: The tutorial could have said, start the game with 72 command cards and 38 damage cards.
then the first envelope says something like: "This envelope contains 4 schematic cards."

and so on.

but it is not the end of the world. that's what these forums are for. now I know I have everything I am supposed to
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jacobs
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
LX1986 wrote:
I think they really did a great job with the envelopes and introducing new components step by step.
1) it makes the entry level nice and easy. I mean you only have to read 4 pages of rules and you can already start playing.
2) it gives you an element of surprise
AND
3) the feeling of unboxing something new, long after you have already purchased the game.

very nice.

Thats exactly What i am ( compulsive) and What i think :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the request is for the following:

1) After one liberates MvM from its shrink-wrap cloak and opens the box for the first time, what components should be immediately available for play/present without opening any envelopes?

- I believe this list should be the same as what is printed on the back of the box except for the Command, Damage, and Schematic Cards. For those cards – how many of each should there be from the start without opening any of the envelopes? (i.e. if each of the 10 mission envelopes contained 1 Command, 1 Damage, and 1 Schematic Card then the initial component list would list 86 Command Cards, 45 Damage Cards, and 30 Schematic Cards). If any other of the listed components are in the envelopes then those should be removed from this initial component list also.

2) A list of contents for each envelope by Mission # and in the Final Reward envelope.

This is important for some of us boardgamers who suffer from boardgamer OCD and need to inventory/count every component in the box to make sure we have everything before we can start playing and enjoying the game.

[I say ‘I believe’ because my copy is currently on a vehicle touring the USA while it is making its way from Wisconsin to California.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
LX1986 wrote:

This makes sense. Let me look at getting this into a future version of the game. Appreciate the feedback, guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco LaRocco
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would definitely help with the question I have now concerning the first mission. I've placed my question in spoilers for the faint of heart.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I just opened the first mission envelope and it tells me to add the new damage cards to the deck. Are there supposed to be damage cards in this envelope or is this just a general statement for all missions? I only found the 4 schematic cards in the first envelope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
DubiousSerenity wrote:
It would definitely help with the question I have now concerning the first mission. I've placed my question in spoilers for the faint of heart.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I just opened the first mission envelope and it tells me to add the new damage cards to the deck. Are there supposed to be damage cards in this envelope or is this just a general statement for all missions? I only found the 4 schematic cards in the first envelope.

That rule was intended for the next mission, when it's applicable. There are only suppose to be four cards in the first envelope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
mbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
76 Command Cards
20 Boss Command Cards
55 Damage Cards
40 Schematic Cards

Hi Chris

I just got mine today. Game looks great.

I think my copy is missing some cards though.

I have 38 Damage cards. 72 Command cards. 0 Boss Cards. 0 Schematic cards.

So I'm missing all Boss Cards, all Schematic cards, and 19 Damage cards.

However, I didn't open any of those missions yet, and I assume the missions contain some of those cards.

Can anyone confirm that Schematic Cards, Boss Cards, and the remaining 19 Damage cards are in those envelops? I really don't want to spoil the missions by opening them to count the cards in there.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShotgunGames wrote:
Without opening the missions, are the Boss and Schematic cards supposed to be in the box with the other cards?

Yep, they are in there. Hidden pretty well though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
mbmb
4ntonio wrote:
ShotgunGames wrote:
Without opening the missions, are the Boss and Schematic cards supposed to be in the box with the other cards?

Yep, they are in there. Hidden pretty well though.

Cool thanks Antonio!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.