37.7% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Kevin Jackson
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Rise of the Runelords base set and the fist four Runelords expansion decks and character add-on deck. I also have Wrath of the Righteous character add-on deck and adventure decks 2-4 (got the Wrath decks for $2 each at Barnes&Noble).

Is it possible to play Wrath of the Righteous adventure decks with the Runelords base set? If yes, when would be the best time in the Runelords adventure deck progression to start Wrath of the Righteous deck 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Schwarz
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best way to do that is described in Paizo Blog post.
You can't play with only Adventure Deck 2+ as you need the cards from the base game (the locations at least, probably also some henchmen).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, while the characters are playable with any base set, and arguably you could add any character add-on deck to any set (although this could cause minor difficulties), you need the base set to play an adventure tied to the base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The adventure paths go with themselves.

So if you want to play an adventure path properly, no. You'll need the Wrath base box to play it's adventure sequels - and the Runelords baseset is only useful for playing Runelords sequels.

As mentioned, characters can be used in any set, but may not necessarily be ideal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jackson
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I must buy the Wrath of the Righteous base set. Thanks everybody for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.