10 Posts

Inis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing of Triskel Cards / Leadership rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Schneider
msg tools
Hey there!

After my first fun play of this gorgeously illustrated game yesterday 2 questions came up:

Story time: we had the situation where I played the Epic tale Card that allowed me to remove one clan from any territory (season card; "Bales eye" or something). Afterwards I wanted to play the advantage card that allowed me to take back the epic tale card I played (triskel card; I think from the Stone Henge territory) but another player played an epic tale card (triskel card) that nullified the effect of my epic tale card and shuffled the discard pile back into the epic tale card deck. This effectively also nullified my advantage card as the discard pile was gone and I was unable to retrieve my epic tale card.
Questions time: what is the the proper timing of triskel cards in general and in the situation above?

2nd question: does leadership over a territory change during a round, i.e. is it only a word for which player currently has the majority of clans in that territory?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I think I would need to look up the exact text on the card to answer the first question...

For the second question: Yes, the leadership can change during the round. As soon as another player has the majority in a territory he becomes chieftan of that territory. However, the advantage cards are only distributed in the assembly phase. T
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Question 1: Stone Circle allows you to retrieve an Epic Tale card instead of discarding it, so it doesn't go to the discard pile, even when the Dagda is played. So essentially in your case Balor's Eye has no effect but you recover it (and lose a clan), and then the Epic Tale deck is shuffled.

Question 2: the chieftain of a territory changes on the spot, which is important in the case of clashes for instance. Note that the Advantage cards are only attributed during the Assembly though.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Rignell
Sweden
Örebro
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the Stone Circle, while we are discussing it.
It says remove a clan (or such), is it any clan in that territory or only my own clans?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your own clan only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Schneider
msg tools
Thank you very much. That answers all my questions, even the ones I didnt know I had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
Kris wrote:
Question 1: Stone Circle allows you to retrieve an Epic Tale card instead of discarding it, so it doesn't go to the discard pile, even when the Dagda is played. So essentially in your case Balor's Eye has no effect but you recover it (and lose a clan), and then the Epic Tale deck is shuffled.

What if I played The Dagda to counter some other red/yellow card? Stone Circle states that you take the Epic Tale you just played from the discard pile and put it back in your hand, but the Dagda states that when it´s discarded, the discard pile got shuffled back into the deck. Can I retrieve The Dagda back to my hand using Stone Circle, or is it discard and shuffle back and Stone Circle has no effect? This happened to me in my first game and at the time we ruled that The Dagda would be reshuffle with the rest of the discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, now I understand where the questions come from...

Instead of "You may remove 1 clan from the Stone Circle to take that Epic Tale card from the discard pile and add it back to your hand." please read "You may remove 1 of your clans from the Stone Circle to take that Epic Tale card in your hand instead of discarding it."

So actually when you use the Stone Circle, the Epic Tale on which you play it never goes to the discard pile. If it is The Dagda, it does not trigger the reshuffle effect.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
Kris wrote:
So actually when you use the Stone Circle, the Epic Tale on which you play it never goes to the discard pile. If it is The Dagda, it does not trigger the reshuffle effect.

Hope that helps.

Very much. Thank you.

Will we see some kind of official errata/rules clarification soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are working on it, but I can't give you a release date as for now, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.