$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 88.48

5,794 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
36.5% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


I would say Colbert was a bit hot over the comment about recognizing the results of the election.

Apparently trump was tweeting during the debate if I hear Steven's comments correctly!
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do we care what a comedian thinks?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Why do we care what a comedian thinks?

Because he's a Presidential candidate?
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Why do we care what a comedian thinks?


Waaaay more than an obscure dude named Dashi.

You should really try to be successful, then people may take you seriously.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Why do we care what a comedian thinks?

I don't know, why do you?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Why do we care what a comedian thinks?

Because he's a Presidential candidate?


Colbert is a candidate?
Hmmm. I guess you COULD write him in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Why do we care what a comedian thinks?

Because he's a Presidential candidate?


Colbert is a candidate?
Hmmm. I guess you COULD write him in.

Oh, that comedian. I thought you were referring to the guy with the orange pancake make-up and blond candy-floss wig.

18 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
I would say Colbert was a bit hot over the comment about recognizing the results of the election.
I think the media in general is making alot of this comment and I'm not so sure the electorate in general is quite as aware of how fundamental peaceful transition of government is. That Trump alienated politicos who are sensitive to the subject is probably not going to move poll numbers much unless the media can convince voters to care about it. It seems to me to be one of those issues that people don't realize how destabilizing it can be until it actually happens and confidence in the US is rattled.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Why do we care what a comedian thinks?


Because being a comedian doesn't preclude him from being well informed and knowledgeable about politics.

Why should we care what Brian May has to say about the reflected light from interplanetary dust and the velocity of dust in the plane of the Solar System? He's only a guitarist in a band. Because he got his doctorate on that subject.

Conservatives would do better in general if they saw people as individuals. Some, I assume, are good people.


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
I think the media in general is making alot of this comment and I'm not so sure the electorate in general is quite as aware of how fundamental peaceful transition of government is. That Trump alienated politicos who are sensitive to the subject is probably not going to move poll numbers much unless the media can convince voters to care about it. It seems to me to be one of those issues that people don't realize how destabilizing it can be until it actually happens and confidence in the US is rattled.


Yes, I think Trump should accept the results without saying a word. I don't think he should, for example, accept the results, then backtrack, then put the country through three weeks of uncertainty demanding recounts, and then his minions spending the next four to eight years delegitimizing the presidency by screaming "Selected, not elected!" and crap like that.

That kind of thing is, as you say, destabilizing, and it sets a bad precedent for future elections.

4 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Yes, I think Trump should accept the results without saying a word. I don't think he should, for example, accept the results, then backtrack, then put the country through three weeks of uncertainty demanding recounts, and then his minions spending the next four to eight years delegitimizing the presidency by screaming "Selected, not elected!" and crap like that.

That kind of thing is, as you say, destabilizing, and it sets a bad precedent for future elections.
Well, there is some room, within the legal limits of each state, to question questionable or extremely close results. I did see Gore be brought up in post-debate analysis for this very reason. I think Trump would be fine calling out Florida or Ohio if they have a crappy, keystone cop election apparatus. That is different than claiming the whole Election is a farce and people are conspiring to get Clinton illegally elected. Even Gore was fighting a broken bureaucracy, not a corrupted one. As much as I think Florida is a hell hole and it's state government a total joke and embarrassment, I don't think they were corrupt on that level.

Having said that, I think SCOTUS actually used the "stability" concern to accelerate resolution of the Gore-Bush controversy and that left people unsatisfied that real due process wasn't satisfied.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
I think the media in general is making alot of this comment and I'm not so sure the electorate in general is quite as aware of how fundamental peaceful transition of government is. That Trump alienated politicos who are sensitive to the subject is probably not going to move poll numbers much unless the media can convince voters to care about it. It seems to me to be one of those issues that people don't realize how destabilizing it can be until it actually happens and confidence in the US is rattled.


Yes, I think Trump should accept the results without saying a word. I don't think he should, for example, accept the results, then backtrack, then put the country through three weeks of uncertainty demanding recounts, and then his minions spending the next four to eight years delegitimizing the presidency by screaming "Selected, not elected!" and crap like that.

That kind of thing is, as you say, destabilizing, and it sets a bad precedent for future elections.



Right, because there is really no difference between what was essentially an electoral tie (266-271) and the total blowout, predicted for months and months by nationwide polls, that will be Trump's loss to Clinton.

Do you seriously think that if Trump loses by some 140+ electoral votes, after months of Clinton consistently being the front-runner, there is any serious chance the election could be rigged? Please stop defending this guy. Donald Trump is not worth your time or energy.
10 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
I think the media in general is making alot of this comment and I'm not so sure the electorate in general is quite as aware of how fundamental peaceful transition of government is. That Trump alienated politicos who are sensitive to the subject is probably not going to move poll numbers much unless the media can convince voters to care about it. It seems to me to be one of those issues that people don't realize how destabilizing it can be until it actually happens and confidence in the US is rattled.


Yes, I think Trump should accept the results without saying a word. I don't think he should, for example, accept the results, then backtrack, then put the country through three weeks of uncertainty demanding recounts, and then his minions spending the next four to eight years delegitimizing the presidency by screaming "Selected, not elected!" and crap like that.

That kind of thing is, as you say, destabilizing, and it sets a bad precedent for future elections.



Right, because there is really no difference between what was essentially an electoral tie (266-271) and the total blowout, predicted for months and months by nationwide polls, that will be Trump's loss to Clinton.

Do you seriously think that if Trump loses by some 140+ electoral votes, after months of Clinton consistently being the front-runner, there is any serious chance the election could be rigged? Please stop defending this guy. Donald Trump is not worth your time or energy.


Oh, so you all pretty much wanted trump to say during the debate, that he concedes to the victor, Hillary, before the election even happens because EVERYONE KNOWS that Hillary is going to win in a landslide?
God, shut up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Oh, so you all pretty much wanted trump to say during the debate, that he concedes to the victor, Hillary, before the election even happens because EVERYONE KNOWS that Hillary is going to win in a landslide?


If Trump felt he was actually going to win, why would he claim the election was rigged against him? Are all the polls rigged against him as well?

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Oh, so you all pretty much wanted trump to say during the debate, that he concedes to the victor, Hillary, before the election even happens because EVERYONE KNOWS that Hillary is going to win in a landslide?


If Trump felt he was actually going to win, why would he claim the election was rigged against him? Are all the polls rigged against him as well?



Do you view the MSM being actively in bed with the Hillary campaign as a form of rigging?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine why anyone has lost faith in the process, can you?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
If Trump felt he was actually going to win, why would he claim the election was rigged against him? Are all the polls rigged against him as well?
It was obvious Clinton was ready for this point because her listing his litany of "rigged" accusations really drove home how often he claims "rigged" when he loses.
11 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Do you view the MSM being actively in bed with the Hillary campaign as a form of rigging?


Well we have DNC operatives on camera explaining how they commit massive voter fraud and have been doing it for years, how they incite violence at GOP political rallies, and how they're taking their direction right from the Clinton campaign.

I can't imagine why people would question the results, can you?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Do you view the MSM being actively in bed with the Hillary campaign as a form of rigging?


Well we have DNC operatives on camera explaining how they commit massive voter fraud and have been doing it for years, how they incite violence at GOP political rallies, and how they're taking their direction right from the Clinton campaign.

I can't imagine why people would question the results, can you?



Sounds rigged to me.
Or am I drawing that conclusion from deceptive editing?
I mean clearly these people were saying that they dont do ANY OF THAT.
Right?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I can't imagine why anyone has lost faith in the process, can you?


Nope.

Losers and the worst of our society are being marginalized and the man that represents them is being thoroughly trashed at every turn. Seems like things are working just as they should.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Do you view the MSM being actively in bed with the Hillary campaign as a form of rigging?


Well we have DNC operatives on camera explaining how they commit massive voter fraud and have been doing it for years, how they incite violence at GOP political rallies, and how they're taking their direction right from the Clinton campaign.

I can't imagine why people would question the results, can you?



Drewber... keep grasping at straws. Honestly, I don't think the majority of the country will give one fuck if you accept the election results.

Like a fast speeding car, this country is zooming right past you. You have chosen to pout on the side of the road. And there you will stay.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Do you view the MSM being actively in bed with the Hillary campaign as a form of rigging?


Well we have DNC operatives on camera explaining how they commit massive voter fraud and have been doing it for years, how they incite violence at GOP political rallies, and how they're taking their direction right from the Clinton campaign.

I can't imagine why people would question the results, can you?



And people in RSP are defending these despicable actions. It's sick! I don't even want to play games with people who would cheat and these assholes want to reward them with political power. Horrible.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Do you view the MSM being actively in bed with the Hillary campaign as a form of rigging?


Well we have DNC operatives on camera explaining how they commit massive voter fraud and have been doing it for years

I don't see how that would affect the polling?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Do you view the MSM being actively in bed with the Hillary campaign as a form of rigging?


Well we have DNC operatives on camera explaining how they commit massive voter fraud and have been doing it for years

I don't see how that would affect the polling?


What about a media that is colluding with the DNC?
I bet that would affect polling.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
bjlillo wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Do you view the MSM being actively in bed with the Hillary campaign as a form of rigging?


Well we have DNC operatives on camera explaining how they commit massive voter fraud and have been doing it for years, how they incite violence at GOP political rallies, and how they're taking their direction right from the Clinton campaign.

I can't imagine why people would question the results, can you?



And people in RSP are defending these despicable actions. It's sick! I don't even want to play games with people who would cheat and these assholes want to reward them with political power. Horrible.

Like Bush II and Reagan? Get off your high horse. There's always some crap going on in the margins. Nowhere has it been shown to actually have an impact on an election. And if you really want to look into voting fraud, I would suggest looking into absentee voting by mail, which has been determined to have been the subject of voter fraud.

Besides, why are you worried? We've got all those voter ID laws, isn't that supposed to fix the problem?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.