Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
A new Roll for the Galaxy promo tile will be available fairly soon via the BGG store.

I don't know its exact availability or pricing (which is up to BGG, as all money from it goes to BGG).

I have put up some design notes here. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Insta-buy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Meister
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed - shut up and take my money!

I only hope the next BGG Store update has enough promos for everybody interested. After Essen, I'm hopeful for a big October (or November) update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it be available at conventions as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Meister
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, sold out of the Geek Store, just like that! Glad I happened to see the store update the day it went live.

For those who weren't able to get it, will there be more available in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect so. I think RGG usually keep them available and the other tile is still available. Also it says "temporarily unavailable" and Tom has thumbed up this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the thought put into the tiles compared to many promos. They seem legitimate and unique in terms of gameplay which says a lot about the designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
R3DSH1FT wrote:
I appreciate the thought put into the tiles compared to many promos. They seem legitimate and unique in terms of gameplay which says a lot about the designers.

Agreed. Took time at the F1 track to grab mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was looking forward to ordering, now it seems I missed it? I thought there would have been a link posted. Then again, if it's sold out, no link was needed.

Can someone link to where it was being sold, for my future reference? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/roll-for-the-galaxy-t...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Better yet would be to post here as soon as it's back in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Wilson
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
Get me all excited about a new promo and....it's gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Well, I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but neither Wei-Hwa nor myself have gotten a copy of the new promo tile.

It will get reprinted at some point and then you'll be able to get a copy and there will be enough left over for us, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Wilson
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks, subscribing to Roll so I don't miss next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries Tom, I'm holding the new tile in my hand right now, and let me tell ya, it's a one fine tile. Nose is fresh promo. Body is thick cardstock. Palate is beautiful grays and blues, with a hint of green. It finishes with a smooth matte texture. One fine tile indeed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'm so jealous... ;-)

I'm holding the prototype version in my hands:

Nose has a hint of marker fluid from the various changes we made. Body is recycled cardstock with applied label stock. Palate is beautiful blues on one side, with dismal grays from older art on the other side. It finishes with just a bit matte texture around the edges where the smooth pasted on label stock didn't quite reach. Ok for a prototype tile, but nothing to boast about!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But Tom... just imagine what those prototypes will mature into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Previously (base + promo 1 with or without ambition), the number of dice in the game was carefully matched to the maximum number one could need in theory (for the purpose if playing the game). Does the advent of this second promo constitue a departure from that paradigm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
If you own both promos, you could conceivably run out of Novelty dice (if all the start worlds and factions with Novelty dice are in play and all the tiles with Novelty dice have been chosen with those sides face up and they are all in play).

In practice, you won't. One of the Novelty start worlds or factions won't be in play or one of the Novelty tiles won't get drawn and kept or a Novelty tile will be used for its other side.

As the number of start worlds, factions, and tiles keep increasing, this becomes less and less of an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Tom Lehmann wrote:
If you own both promos, you could conceivably run out of Novelty dice...In practice, you won't...

The game is very well designed. With and without Ambition we've never come close to exhausting a dice supply because the variation is so great between starting worlds, factions, and tile draws. We've played with all different types and numbers of players with different strategies and I haven't seen it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnlivedPhalanx wrote:
Tom Lehmann wrote:
If you own both promos, you could conceivably run out of Novelty dice...In practice, you won't...

The game is very well designed. With and without Ambition we've never come close to exhausting a dice supply because the variation is so great between starting worlds, factions, and tile draws. We've played with all different types and numbers of players with different strategies and I haven't seen it yet.

I played Ambition, and I have taken only Leader and Commerce dice from the bag. The was a lot of margin in dice provided in the base, even when playing with expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.