Popular Tags: [View All]
André Schillo
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Ahoi everyone,

We are about to play our first session tonight and while reading the rules and the setup for the first scenario I noticed that I must have overlooked something

How does the following work:
Hadrathus (Dagger, Teleportation, Mitra`s Halo, Lightning Storm). Hadrathus starts with Mitra`s Halo cast.

Ok... so he has three equipped spells and a daggar, but STARTS with Mitra`s Halo cast? What does this mean? Does he get to use all three equipped spells or is there a specific sequence? Or can he only choose one of the three spells and the suggestion is to start with Mitra`s Halo cast?

Would appreciate any help I can get until tonight so that we can have a smooth first game

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony dybacz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
When you place the Hadrathus miniature on the board you also put the Mitra's Halo token on him and the effect on the Mitra's Halo spell is currently in effect (so he has +2 armour).
Thus, he starts the game with Mitra's Halo cast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Schillo
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Haha, oh dear... that´s a very strange formulation then But makes sense! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
why strange? "cast" is also the past tense of "cast"
(now that's a strange sounding sentence, lol)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Schillo
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
That´s absolutely true! I did not get this at first glance and since I am not a native English speaker I was thinking of "cast" as the past tense Sorry for asking, but at least I feel confident playing my first game of Conan tonight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony dybacz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I suppose to a native speaker of any language there are things that are implied through context.

Hadrathus starts the game with Mitra's Halo already cast?
Previously cast?
Have had cast?

But was it the sentence structure that was causing confusion or the poorly written rules in general?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Larsen
Denmark
Horsens
flag msg tools
Wow, now I know what those two tokens are for. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Biesiadowski
msg tools
This is kind of inviting Hadrathus to spend his first action in passive mode, gathering huge number of gems, while enjoying extra protection 'for free'.

Please also remember that Halo can be cast on opponents turn - as long as you leave enough gems, you can cast it just-in-time if you get attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
abies wrote:
This is kind of inviting Hadrathus to spend his first action in passive mode, gathering huge number of gems, while enjoying extra protection 'for free'.

Please also remember that Halo can be cast on opponents turn - as long as you leave enough gems, you can cast it just-in-time if you get attacked.

If he does, he loses 1 turn and on his next activation he looses the Halo and recovers no gem (as he already recovered them all)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Schillo
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Well there´s another issue with this: it says that you lose Mitra`s Halo Cast when you change your stance from cautious to aggressive but also when your group gets activated... so I assume with "group" they mean the heros. And in the very first scenario where it says that Hadrathus starts with Mitra´s Halo cast the first thing that will happen is that the "group" is activated... seems a bit weird, except I misunderstood something... again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel K
msg tools
there is plenty of room for missinterpretation in this rule but RAI (Rules as intended) i would say it works like this:

If you choose to be agressive, Mitras Halo stops working

"Group" is only found in "group of units from an Overlord tile". Only if Mitras Halo is cast on such a model this part of the rule is nessassary.

--
just my 2 cents
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
Yep, "group" is there only referring to the Overlord tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Schillo
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Thanks for clarifying the "group" terminology! Saw the usage of it for overlord tiles in the rulebook, but wasn´t sure if this term might also refer to the heroes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.