Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Towing with an odd # of movement of 3 or more rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wallace
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It's unclear to me how far a mech moves and a bomb moves if a card in my command line says move forward 3 space (or 5). What I think happens is if I am adjacent to a bomb and want to tow it and am executing a move 3 command the bomb and the mech move forward one space (using 2 move) and then the mech moves independent of the bomb an additional space. Am I correct? Sorry if this is answered somewhere in the rulebook or on these forums already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure you are correct, you use 2 movements to move forward 1 and tow 1 then you move 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Theriault
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From the Riot FAQ:

"Towing: If you have moves left after towing, you must use them. When mechs tow or are towed onto oil slicks, they slide as normal with the towed object following behind to rest in the oil. You can even tow with a Haywire Control damage card…!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you can also move 1 space, then if you are adjacent to something, tow that thing one space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
I believe you can also move 1 space, then if you are adjacent to something, tow that thing one space.

This is correct. Just think of movement like a points system. Say you have 3 points of movement. It takes 1 point to move yourself 1 space and 2 points to move yourself and a towed object 1 space. If at any point you do not have the full amount of points needed to tow, you are not able to. You can however use the left over point to move on your own. In some cases you may even be forced to use the left over point, depending on how the card reads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
These people are correct. The only thing I'll add is that all the 'points' of movement have to be from the same slot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I like to imagine towing with odd number movement as your tow chain snapping. I think it fits the theme of these not-quite-reliable mechs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
These people are correct. The only thing I'll add is that all the 'points' of movement have to be from the same slot.

Rodney's 'Watch It Played' addressed it really well; everyone who has mentioned something above is correct by the look of it.

Remembering that to tow, your movement has to come from the same card is a very important rule to remember, and I'd bet an easy one to forget... thanks Kades!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.