Subject: Library/Librarian rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two ways I have seen to take a Librarian action - the tile that allows you to draw two improvement (and get a dollar, or tools - I forget which), and one of the market cards.

The library building allows you to draw four instead of two, and then discard down to two.

It seems clear to me how they combo - that it doesn't matter which Librarian you visit, it's "draw 4, keep 2“. But a couple of players queried if it still worked that way with the "draw 1“ market card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
It does work, like this: draw 3, keep 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah.

Not the first time with this game where I have been left thinking that the iconography (on the buildings and tiles especially) could have been better/clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Ah.

Not the first time with this game where I have been left thinking that the iconography (on the buildings and tiles especially) could have been better/clearer.

It's an oversight, that's all. You may as well play as it is printed on the tile and let the player draw 4 and keep 2 anyway. It's just that one market card, so the effect is minimal. Strengthens the Library, which is what I like.

The intended effect is what I posted above. Feel free to ignore it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.