Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edgar Molas
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The physical and mental traumas make my character start games already with damage or horror.

Does that mean that my health and sanity totals are reduced by the traumas? I mean, can't I heal damage/horor normally?

My understanding is that during a scenario I'm able to heal those damages but at the start of each new scenario they would return. Is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the rule wrong, see below....

Trauma and your health/horror are separate. You earn trauma by losing all your health or horror during a scenario. See pg. 5-6 of the Rules Reference under Campaign Play. You don't start a scenario with less health/horror due to trauma.

Trauma travels with you from scenario to scenario. If you ever get enough physical trauma to equal or exceed your max health you die. If you ever get enough mental trauma to equal or exceed your max horror you go insane. Either way, game over for that investigator. Choose a new one and continue with the next scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Elliott
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would toss a token on for each trauma then treat them normally from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean by toss a token? There are no trauma tokens. Trauma is recorded in the campaign log.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

From Rules Reference, Campaign Play:

For each physical trauma an investigator has, that investigator begins each subsequent scenario in the campaign with 1 damage.

There is similar language for mental traumas and horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh. Today is not my day for reading comprehension. Oops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EdgarMolas wrote:
The physical and mental traumas make my character start games already with damage or horror.

Does that mean that my health and sanity totals are reduced by the traumas? I mean, can't I heal damage/horor normally?

My understanding is that during a scenario I'm able to heal those damages but at the start of each new scenario they would return. Is that right?

You are correct. As Larry says above, Trauma causes you to start with damage (rather than, say, reducing your maximum value) so it could be healed. However, the trauma remains which means you will still start the next chapter with those damage again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Molas
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the help guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.