Subject: Emigration action space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
b m
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mb
Why is there a money symbol on the emigration action space?
does it mean that i can buy a ship before i actually do the emigration tile flipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it means you have to pay silver ro emigrate with a ship you already have. It costs as much silver as the number of the current round.

P.s. Since you may buy a ship at any time, you can buy a ship and then emigrate with it, paying the required amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
f3anor wrote:
Why is there a money symbol on the emigration action space?
does it mean that i can buy a ship before i actually do the emigration tile flipping?

Page 17 of the rules explains Emigration.

When you use an Emigration action, you must pay an amount of silver equal to the current round. If you wait until the very last round of the game, it costs 6 silver (short game) or 7 silver (long game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b m
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mb
thanks for clarifying this.

there seems to be an error in the german rules. i can't find that information you are referring to in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Decker
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are right. In Essen every buyer got a small sheet with the rule clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutch and downloadable English rules also have this omission in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
boshar wrote:

Which downloadable English rules have that omission? Every version I checked describes paying silver on page 17.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
boshar wrote:

Which downloadable English rules have that omission? Every version I checked describes paying silver on page 17.

Official Z-man site manual link ( http://www.zmangames.com/uploads/4/7/1/7/47170931/odin_en_ru... ) has an old page 17

Feuerland spiele site downloadable German rules
( http://www.feuerland-spiele.de/dateien/ODIN_Regel_Web.pdf )
There is an errata link on their site correcting the error ( http://www.feuerland-spiele.de/spiele/ein_fest_fuer_odin.php... ) but why not a corrected manual?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
boshar wrote:
Official Z-man site manual link ( http://www.zmangames.com/uploads/4/7/1/7/47170931/odin_en_ru... ) has an old page 17

Feuerland spiele site downloadable German rules
( http://www.feuerland-spiele.de/dateien/ODIN_Regel_Web.pdf )
There is an errata link on their site correcting the error ( http://www.feuerland-spiele.de/spiele/ein_fest_fuer_odin.php... ) but why not a corrected manual?

I'm sorry, I really must be misunderstanding you. I just downloaded the English rules you linked, and page 17 shows both the "pay silver" icon in the top left, and the "you must pay an amount of silver equal to the current round" text in the top right.

Are you talking about a different mistake? Sorry if I am confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy en Stoj
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boshar wrote:

Strange, I checked the rules of my Dutch edition and on page 17 it clearly states:

Om deze actie uit te kunnen voeren moet je een hoeveelheid zilver betalen gelijk aan het nummer van de ronde. (In de tweede ronde betaal je dus 2 zilver om te emigreren.)

Which translates as:

In order to perform this action you have to pay an amount of silver equivalent to the number of the round. (In the second round you will have to pay 2 silver to emigrate.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CinSto wrote:
boshar wrote:

Strange, I checked the rules of my Dutch edition and on page 17 it clearly states:

Om deze actie uit te kunnen voeren moet je een hoeveelheid zilver betalen gelijk aan het nummer van de ronde. (In de tweede ronde betaal je dus 2 zilver om te emigreren.)

Which translates as:

In order to perform this action you have to pay an amount of silver equivalent to the number of the round. (In the second round you will have to pay 2 silver to emigrate.)

My Dutch version printed manual does not have it prompting me to search here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy en Stoj
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently WGG printed a second corrected manual...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Made an appointment with a good optician tomorrow blush I swear I could not find this rule after a brain burning first play through. But everything is clear to me now, only the German manual is missing that paragraph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.