36.4% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/philippines-duterte-say...

Ahh well. Sorta what happens when you become a Godless nation: all of the favor once bestowed upon you dries up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Ahh well. Sorta what happens when you become a Godless nation: all of the favor once bestowed upon you dries up.

they're murdering thousands of people in the fucking street over there and we're godless. what the fuck is he serious?

please carry on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

LOL you fool, should've done some research on the current president of Philippines before reflexively posting anything you think makes our current government look bad.

Here's a start: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-36659258
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes that's how leadership works: one leads, another follows. If the follower goes off course, the leader helps them back on track.

America isn't leading anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Philippines needs us almost infinitely more than we need them. If this asshole wants to cede his country's territorial waters to China, that's his business. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sarxis wrote:

Spoken like a Christian Supremacist or Dominionist.

Now, *which* one are you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Yes that's how leadership works: one leads, another follows. If the follower goes off course, the leader helps them back on track.

It must be nice to have everything fit into such nice and neat little boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

You might want to actually check out some books on the history of nations. By that I don't mean the kind you color in yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Sarxis wrote:

This is what I am:

"For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life."

TWO Corinthians 2:15-16

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

Duterte is not religious. The United States has presented itself as a secular nation to other countries for more than 200 years. See the Treaty of Tripoli for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
ITT I learned that OP thinks that when a psychotic mass murderer is mad at you, it means you're bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
ITT I learned that OP thinks that when a psychotic mass murderer is mad at you, it means you're bad.

No, it really means that when psychotic mass murderers are able to come to power in the first place...

Well you can fill it in from there. See my original post.

"When the LORD takes pleasure in anyone's way, he causes their enemies to make peace with them." Proverbs 16:7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Let me respond in language you can understand:

Jesus jesus jesus. Jesus? Jesus jesus. God. Jesus jesus. Jesus jesus Obama bad. Jesus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

No, it really means that when psychotic mass murderers are able to come to power in the first place...

"When the LORD takes pleasure in anyone's way, he causes their enemies to make peace with them." Proverbs 16:7

Right... because no religious person has ever been a psychotic mass murderer.

Duterte was elected primarily because of his draconian policy on drug enforcement.

The Philippines are extremely religious by the way.

Just about every point you've been trying to make in this thread is completely false.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Sarxis wrote:

The fuck...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

Just keep digging.

Christ also said: "If another country elects an evil man to power, ITS YOUR GODDAMN FAULT, AMERICA!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

which nation is godless: the U.S. or the Philippines?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Sarxis wrote:

thats how trump said it so i guess every trump supporting evangelical has to pronounce 2 corinthians that way now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

thats how trump said it so i guess every trump supporting evangelical has to pronounce 2 corinthians that way now

ONE SYLLABLE GOOD TWO SYLLABLES BAD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sarxis wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

This is what I am:

"For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life."

Ahhh, so you're a Dominionist Trumpista at that!

Oh well, once again we see what William Shakespeare meant when he said, "Even the Devil can cite the scriptures to suit his own purposes (i.e. to dubiously back up his own arguments and/or prejudices)."

Now that you've joined the Demented Dominionist Hall of Infamy by making that hyperbolic allegation, you've now among the ranks of the Pat Robertsons, Jerry Falwells, Janet Folger-Porters, Louie Gohmerts, and Tony Perkins of the world.

Exhibit #1: Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell attribute the cause of 9/11 to "God's lifting of His protective hand from America".

What dubious company you find yourself in now that you've joined the ranks of the holier-than-thou Christian Supremacists and Dominionists of the world!

> Excerpts from the December 10, 2013 Right Wing Watch news story by Brian Tashman entitled:

Texas Republican U.S. Rep. Louie Gohmert Declares: "President Obama Is Allowing Evil People To Take Over The World"

Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas joined a conference call last week organized by Tea Party Unity, the conservative group founded by Texas pastor Rick Scarborough, to warn listeners that President Obama is trying to “achieve peace by allowing evil people to take over the world.”

He warned that "God may soon remove his hand of protection from America, leaving no place in the world safe for liberty and freedom … except for Israel."

Louie Gohmert wrote:

I know, Rick, you probably hear people say, "Well, if it gets much worse, maybe I just need to go to an island somewhere or go to a different country." Let me tell you folks, when the United States is not around with its protective hand in the world to protect freedom and liberty and freedom from abuse, then there is no other place to go. Maybe Israel. But when God removes his protective hand from America, this isn’t a safe place either. I hope and pray people will wake up. You cannot achieve peace by allowing evil people to take over the world, that’s not how it works.

Other Suggested Reading Via Clickable News-Story Links

Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council Declares: "God Won’t Protect America Because Of Gay Marriage"

Pat Boone Blames Charleston Shooting On Obama

Jim Bakker Declares: "America Is Under A Curse And Is Ripe For Divine Punishment"

Janet Folger-Porter of Faith2Action Declares: "Tornadoes Are Due To Legal Abortion And The USA's Policy Toward Israel"

Dominionist Rick Scarborough Declares: "The Colorado Shooting Occurred Because God’s Hedge of Protection Is Lowered"

Pastor Bill Elliff of OneCry Declares: "Both 9/11 And The Connecticut School Shooting Were Gracious Acts of God’s Judgment"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

Ok let's have a bit of a 'real talk'/'come to Jesus' here.

See what you're doing here? It makes you look like a smug and pompous jerk - even to your co-religionists.

There's a place for quoting scripture, but this isn't the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

See what you're doing here? It makes you look like a smug and pompous jerk - even to your co-religionists.

“To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:

“ ‘We played the pipe for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.’

For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.” Matthew 11

People have been ignoring the kindness of the Lord for a long while now. The whip is coming, and is already come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
windsagio wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

“To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:

“ ‘We played the pipe for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.’

For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.” Matthew 11

People have been ignoring the kindness of the Lord for a long while now. The whip is coming, and is already come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
windsagio wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

The good thing is that with your magic decoder ring, and your doing everything right all the time, you're exempt.

Oooooh except that being a smug, judgmental prick is a sin, isn't it?

Uh oh, better dig out those knee pads and get to prayin' son. Don't want to be caught up with all us sinners with that big whipping you were just fantasizing, I mean talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
windsagio wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

The good thing is that with your magic decoder ring, and your doing everything right all the time, you're exempt.

Oooooh except that being a smug, judgmental prick is a sin, isn't it?

Uh oh, better dig out those knee pads and get to prayin' son. Don't want to be caught up with all us sinners with that big whipping you were just fantasizing, I mean talking about.

"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself." 1st Corinthians 4:3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.