Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Calder
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear, in the 2P close quarters variant, you exhaust the administrative worker when entering a region, even if you don't end your move in that region?

I want to confirm because the usual administrative worker (in a 3 and 4 player game) gets exhausted when you end your movement on an occupied sea region.

Thanks for any clarification.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I understand it is that you exhaust an administrative crew member if you end your movement anywhere on the same sea board as the other player. That way, in a 2-player game, 3 of the regions will cause you to exhaust the crew member instead of only 1 region (assuming the other player isn't in a home port, in which case only that region would require an administrative crew member since that region is on a tile by itself).

(Note that you don't really "move" your ship along each region. This is really a worker placement game where the available spots are limited by your current spot and your "speed". You pick up your ship and then place it on another region up to your speed away from the starting region. So, even though it doesn't exactly make thematic sense, you don't ever really enter those interim regions from the standpoint of encountering other players. At least, that's my understanding.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.