Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Competitive mode : is it FFA? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gloum Kupaa
New Caledonia
msg tools
Hello,

I do not rly have time to invest time in the rulebooks for the moment, is the competitive mode a FFA or are you still coop but count points at the end to know who wins?

If it is FFA, is it fun / good to play?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
It is 1 vs the rest (1 handles the zeds, the others pick one hero each but also handle the rest of the humans, as a team).
"The rest" may be a single player (so 1 vs 1) or up to 4 (so 1 vs 4).

There are "points" at the end to know which epilogue to read, if you like to end the narrative arc of the story; it is not necessary to end the game itself, thus the feeling is not "score Victory Points" during the game.

"Fun" is too subjective to try to answer that question (sorry!).

"Good to play"... probably; I have not tried it yet, but it seems well integrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know if I would really call it competitive mode. In the rules it says any of the levels can be played Solo, Co-op, or Versus. So I would think you are calling the Versus game as the competitive one.
Solo- win or lose by your self.
Co-op- everyone either wins or loses as a team.
Versus- 1 player as the bad guy versus the players as the good guys. Either the bad guy wins or the good guys win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.