Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I've lived here in Pensacola, I've really enjoyed it here - I love the scenery that we get to see on a daily basis, and (unlike my beautiful wife!) I find I enjoy the weather for the most part.

I work at Pensacola Naval Air Station, home of a bunch of Navy pilot training units, the Air Force's 451st Flying Training Squadron (who I work for)...

...and these guys, who were in front of us as we taxied to the runway.

We've got parallel runways here, so the normal departure is to put the diamond (aircraft 1-4) on one runway, and 5,6, and 7 on the other for departure and get them all up at once. Here's the diamond shortly before takeoff.

They're on their way to Houston for a show this weekend.

Anyway, no real point to this other than airplanes are cool, and to share something I don't normally see here at the home field. (They fly a lot on practice runs, but I don't normally end up so close to the formation on taxi. The pic is deceptive because my camera isn't very good, but we're about 150' in trail of #7).

Original size (like 3 MB) pics are in my gallery if anyone wants bigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Denney
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for sharing! I have not ever seen a F/A-18 Hornet at 150 ft. I have seen a few F-14 Tomcats but no Hornets.

That must be a spectacle to see; so many jets taking off at once.

Again, thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Blue Angels are the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The lead pilot got food poisoning a couple weeks ago, so I missed them...but the rest of the air show was still prettty good.

I have seen them before several times though. It is the reason I still brave the crowds to see them when I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.