Subject: Three Strikes Penalty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Richison
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than ending my turn and gaining three grim tokens or a Grim Decision, is there any other penalty for rolling three strikes?

1 I assume I cannot turn in the tokens I set aside during my to turn, but this is not explicit in the rulebook.
2 What about tokens placed on my scorecard for Grim's Hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Amey
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
luke_4_mls wrote:
Other than ending my turn and gaining three grim tokens or a Grim Decision, is there any other penalty for rolling three strikes?

1 I assume I cannot turn in the tokens I set aside during my to turn, but this is not explicit in the rulebook.

2 What about tokens placed on my scorecard for Grim's Hand?

1) This is how we played, since it adds more stakes to the push your luck aspect of the game. Otherwise there isn't a whole lot of incentive to not just always roll until you get 3 reds or blues.

2) Those stay on the card, until you turn them in for Grim's Hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question about the strikes is do they remain on the card if you have less than 3 and decide to quit?

Say you have 1 strike already and decide to push your luck. You roll one red and two green Grims and decide tomcall it a day. Since you did not get three strikes to end your turn, do the two strikes remain on your record until next turn, or do they clear as soon as your turn ends?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.