48.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Marcus
Italy
Turin - Milan
Piemonte - Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the use of this extra seal strictly bound to the Royal Encyclopedia?
If not now we have 4 silver starred seals to use

reference page is 4.
thank U

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
UtterMarcus wrote:
Is the use of this extra seal strictly bound to the Royal Encyclopedia?
If not now we have 4 silver starred seals to use

reference page is 4.
thank U

You can use the 3-point worth seals anywhere. The only seal that is bound to the new theory board is the white question mark one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the question is:
"If you are not playing with the Royal Encyclopedia module, do players get the extra 3-point seal during game setup?"

I believe the answer is no, but I would have to reread the rules to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule is to give players the two additional seals when playing with the Royal Encyclopedia.

The implication is that players don't normally have the fourth silver seal, but if someone wanted to play with 6 point seals rather than 5, I wouldn't insist on preventing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's my read on it as well. I suspect that giving a 6th point seal to players when not using Royal Encyclopedia is only going to benefit players who are already doing extremely well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Yeah, that's my read on it as well. I suspect that giving a 6th point seal to players when not using Royal Encyclopedia is only going to benefit players who are already doing extremely well.

Yeah, just getting 5 publications of any kind during the course of a game requires a commitment to publication - either one action per round, or multiple publish actions in one round. A 6th seal means having published multiple times in a round at least once (meaning spending 3 actions on it that round or having Boots of Speed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Turin - Milan
Piemonte - Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
The rule is to give players the two additional seals when playing with the Royal Encyclopedia.

Exactly, with Royal Encyclopedia the extra starred seal can be used on the theory board and is not bound to the extra publication board.

Need to remember it to my self

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my last game (base only), I did have Boots of Speed, and published 7 times (one hedge at the beginning, and one hedge at the end even though I knew it was right, it earned me a grant and 2 points from the "gain 2 points whenever you publish or endorse" artifact). I would have happily taken another 3 VP for that last publish, but on the other hand, I was dominating that game, so I didn't need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dupree
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karel_danek wrote:
The only seal that is bound to the new theory board is the white question mark one.

From the rules it seems you are actually allowed to use the white seal on the main theory board.

The Rulebook wrote:
The white unstarred seal is only useful on the encyclopedia board. On the regular theory board, it doesn't
hedge against anything.

I would take that as evidence that you can use the starred seal on the main board as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.