Subject: Apostasy example mistake? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeroen
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

On the rule card, the Apostasy example notes a player with 3 reformation and 2 islamic cards having to discard 3 cards. I gather he would have to discard 5?

I'm a bit uncertain, also because the symbols on the Apostasy cards themselves use the word "or". I would have thought that "and" would be a better word to use, as in players would have to have both religion patron icons in their tableaus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:

On the rule card, the Apostasy example notes a player with 3 reformation and 2 islamic cards having to discard 3 cards. I gather he would have to discard 5?

I'm a bit uncertain, also because the symbols on the Apostasy cards themselves use the word "or". I would have thought that "and" would be a better word to use, as in players would have to have both religion patron icons in their tableaus.

This example is in error. The living rules say:
Example: You play the European Union, and trigger its apostasy one-shot. This makes cards with Reformation Prestige incompatible with those with Islamic Prestige. In your tableau there is one Reformation card (Luther), and two Islamic cards (The Grim and The Handsome). Luther is in your west, and the other two are in your east, but east and west do not matter for apostasy. Discard all three cards. Your opponent has three Reformation cards and one Islamic one, and all four are discarded. The Islamic card is the king card Sultan Mehmed with a vassal, and both vassal and suzerain are discarded into the empire stack. Another opponent, with only Reformation cards, does not have to discard any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.