Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: First scenario asset deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stas Sidorov
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The asset deck in the 1st scenario ("In the Clutches of Picts") should contain one bow.

I have two cards with the "bow" keyword: bossonian bow (core game - orange die) & zingaran bow (stretch goal - yellow die w/reroll).

What kind of bow I should add to the asset deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the french rules: bossonian bow.
I will it add to translation list, thanks..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acido wrote:
I have two cards with the "bow" keyword: bossonian bow (core game - orange die) & zingaran bow (stretch goal - yellow die w/reroll).

Sidebar: thread 1588040 demonstrates that Yellow+Reroll is statistically equivalent to Orange, making those bows functionally equivalent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Biesiadowski
msg tools
sgbeal wrote:

Sidebar: thread 1588040 demonstrates that Yellow+Reroll is statistically equivalent to Orange, making those bows functionally equivalent.

Is it still true if character has yellow attack dice himself? Then we are comparing Y+O versus 2Y+1 reroll, but you can reroll ANY of yellow dice, which should be better than Y + (Y-with-reroll).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abies wrote:
sgbeal wrote:

Is it still true if character has yellow attack dice himself? Then we are comparing Y+O versus 2Y+1 reroll, but you can reroll ANY of yellow dice, which should be better than Y + (Y-with-reroll).

It probably doesn't apply in that case, but i'm not certain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clarke
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
abies wrote:
sgbeal wrote:

I don't have the book in front of me but I'm fairly sure the rules say to roll rerollable dice separately, so in that case no, you can't use your reroll on your other dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveClarke wrote:
abies wrote:
sgbeal wrote:

I don't have the book in front of me but I'm fairly sure the rules say to roll rerollable dice separately, so in that case no, you can't use your reroll on your other dice.

There's a thread somewhere here where Pallantides explains that you can reroll any of the dice, even multiple times in some cases. e.g. you have 3 yellow, all with a free reroll. You roll them once. You get two dice which you want to keep. You can now apply the free re-rolls of all three to the 3rd die, even re-rolling it multiple times (up to 3 in this case).

Edit: the thread mentioned above is #1656445, and i've posted a reference to the correction from this thread in that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
sgbeal wrote:
DaveClarke wrote:
abies wrote:
sgbeal wrote:

I don't have the book in front of me but I'm fairly sure the rules say to roll re-rollable dice separately, so in that case no, you can't use your reroll on your other dice.

There's a thread somewhere here where Pallantides explains that you can reroll any of the dice, even multiple times in some cases. e.g. you have 3 yellow, all with a free reroll. You roll them once. You get two dice which you want to keep. You can now apply the free re-rolls of all three to the 3rd die, even re-rolling it multiple times (up to 3 in this case).

Actually, this is incorrect:

Each die can only be re-rolled for free once

You can roll, re-roll for free (if the die shows the arrow on top), but each new re-roll has to be paid in gems; even if you have "left outs" from the other re-rollable dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
sgbeal wrote:

Actually, this is incorrect:

You can roll, re-roll for free (if the die shows the arrow on top), but each new re-roll has to be paid in gems; even if you have "left outs" from the other re-rollable dice

Sounds like another entry for the new rulebook .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Groesbeck
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
BadKam wrote:

Umm, you said the exact opposite on thread https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1656445/can-you-reroll-same...

BadKam wrote:

Pallantides, aka Frank BLACKFIRE wrote:

abies wrote:
I know you can spend gems and keep rerolling same die over and over. But, ignoring that, in case of hero having orange reroll die on melee attack and orange reroll die on weapon (thus rolling 2 orange dice with 2 rerolls) - can he keep result on die A and then reroll die B twice?

Yes.

Once again Lord Blackfire is correct!

You can reroll any die of the same type/color, twice in the given example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:

Yes, this is the good explanation from Fred Henry, the lead designer himself. So my bad on this one...blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Biesiadowski
msg tools
Ok, so new consensus is that you have to do all free rerolls in one go. This is ok, but still separate issue from having to roll 'rerollable' dice separately from normal dice of same color. This would be really annoying - rolling nice chunk of dice is satisfying, having to split them, be sure they end up in different place to not get mixed and selectively reroll sounds not fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not roll 'rerollable' dice separately from others of the same color.
As an example, when Conan attacks with a melee weapon, he may pay 4 gems to get 4 red dice + 1 red die with a re-roll (for the weapon). He rolls all 5 dice together and afterwards applies the re-roll to one red dice of his choosing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
JamesG wrote:
BadKam wrote:

Umm, you said the exact opposite on thread https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1656445/can-you-reroll-same...

BadKam wrote:

Pallantides, aka Frank BLACKFIRE wrote:

abies wrote:
I know you can spend gems and keep rerolling same die over and over. But, ignoring that, in case of hero having orange reroll die on melee attack and orange reroll die on weapon (thus rolling 2 orange dice with 2 rerolls) - can he keep result on die A and then reroll die B twice?

Yes.

Once again Lord Blackfire is correct!

You can reroll any die of the same type/color, twice in the given example.

Yes, my bad, I answered too quickly. Sorry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.