2 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ratshadow combo - Rogue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Pirazzini
msg tools
Hi everyone

Cunning action + reliable talent is a good combo. I know that it doesn't flip but...

DEADLY ASSAULT (Make three 3X At Will Attacks - Daily power) + Reliable Talent (During hero phase Remove one trap or gain Advantage to your hero - Utility) + Throwing Daggers (attack up to 2 different monster within 1 tile) + Cunning Action (you may take a second non attack action during hero phase)

Hero phase:

I use Deadly assault and i already have ADVANTAGE on my hero. I decide to use 3 X Throwing Daggers. I have 6 rolls (2 diff monster each attack X 3). First roll i have Advantage as said before but after the first monster, can i use Reliable Talent to gain another Advantage and attack the other monster? And then can i use the Cunning Action to use another time Reliable talent to gain another advantage for the next roll?

Last thing:

Rogue movement: cunning action for doble movement is limited to my speed right? I can't move 10 square if i choose to move 5 square, attack and then with the cunning action i can't move anymore because i don't have any more speed points. This is right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy A
msg tools
Logic of the game is "Any action can't be divided for using other actions". For example, your movement speed is 5 squares, but you can't go 3 squares, attack and go 2 squares more. Instead of this, you can go 3 or 2 squares, then attack. That's all equal for attacks.
"A hero makes attacks using either his or her Hero's Power cards or the powers of Treasure cards" (p. 9) So you pick Power card and make it, as one action.
So in your case you attack and pick Deadly Assault (what means is one Power, one action, which can't be divided for using other action), but you can do 3 Attacks in this Attack-Action. In your case you choose Throwing Daggers, therefore 6 Attacks in 1 Attack-Action. Then you choose use Reliable Talent, which is Utility Card, i.e. Power Card, i.e. Action Card at that time when you're using Action. So right answer is NO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.