Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
E4 says (emphasis mine):
Quote:
... your Parasite may attempt to s supplant an already attached Parasite, so that you become the new Parasite. If so, the old Parasite is liberated , returning any Diseased cubes to its Host, but retaining its Mutations , and able to attach or supplant in an active row or one of its home rows to a new Host...

What does "its home rows" mean?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it means a home row belonging to any of your own organisms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Adam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
E2. ASSIGNMENT RESTRICTIONS AND HOME ROWS wrote:
... An Organism’s home row contains the Landform icon matching the one in the left edge of its placard, or the Host’s placard in the case of a parasitical Organism. ...

The Home Row of a parasite is the row that matches the icon of its host's placard. In this case, I would guess that is the host from which the parasite has just been liberated.

From this I take the parasite cannot go to a Home Row of one of your organisms unless that happens to be an active row or the same row as the parasite's host.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
E3. ATTACHING A PARASITE AND ASSIGNING A BIONT TO IT wrote:

• Host Suitability. Place the new Parasite to the left of its Host’s card. The Host must be in the tableau of another player in the home row (E2) of one of your Organisms or in an active row.

This is probably what Adam and Phil are referring to. It applies to attaching a parasite. Should it apply to supplanting a parasite as well?

If so, than the section quoted by the OP should be reworded to include home rows of any of your organims (instead or in addition to "its home row", each with different result).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
NoDDs wrote:
E3. ATTACHING A PARASITE AND ASSIGNING A BIONT TO IT wrote:

• Host Suitability. Place the new Parasite to the left of its Host’s card. The Host must be in the tableau of another player in the home row (E2) of one of your Organisms or in an active row.

This is probably what Adam and Phil are referring to. It applies to attaching a parasite. Should it apply to supplanting a parasite as well?

If so, than the section quoted by the OP should be reworded to include home rows of any of your organims (instead or in addition to "its home row", each with different result).

In the Living Rules, reworded E4 to say:
E4. SUPPLANTING A PARASITE
Each Host may have only one Parasite. However, your Parasite may attempt to supplant an already attached Parasite, so that you become the new Parasite. If so, the old Parasite is liberated, returning any Diseased cubes to its Host, but retaining its Mutations, and able to attach or supplant to a new Host in a home row of one of your organisms, or any active row. If it fails to attach or supplant, it goes Extinct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.