Subject: Non-player Roman with Aedui Trade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Pinner
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
mb

After yet another result where the non-player Aedui beat me when I play the Romans or Averni, I've decided to try playing the Aedui solo.

One question emerges right away: Do the Romans agree to Aedui Trade actions? They have a choice about the amount of resources the Aedui get from this and I can't find a clear answer anywhere.

They certainly allow non-player Aedui under the NP Aedui rules (top p22 references 8.8.6, but 8.8.6 doesn't mention this), but I can't see what they say for a player Aedui.

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pinner
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
mb
I think I have an answer: the NP Roman's don't agree supply lines to a player Aedui, which means that Trade only gets +1 resource per applicable tribe, not +2, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Correct; the only Faction (other than themselves, of course) NP Romans ever agree to give Supply Lines through Roman-Controlled territory are Non-player Aedui. Player Aedui are out of luck.

Keep in mind that the Aedui need a Supply Line to Cisalpina to trade at all, so if the Romans don't agree the Aedui need to arrange the Supply Line on their own.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus Antonius wrote:
I think I have an answer: the NP Roman's don't agree supply lines to a player Aedui, which means that Trade only gets +1 resource per applicable tribe, not +2, right?
Correct, as per 8.8.6 only non-player Aedui get supply line agreement from the Roman bot.
Aedui trade requires supply line agreement from the Romans (even if they do not control any relevant regions) as per 4.4.1 to get the extra resources, so only 1 resource per ally/citadel and not for roman allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.