Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Schmidt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried adding an additional VP victory requirement to the base game (not crusades)? This would be 4 solo, 5 allied VP. If so, how did it go? I'm considering trying it next time as I find the game seems to end one turn too early quite often. We play most often with 4 and I think the additional space on the board is the issue maybe.

I've considered adding in the Crusades expansion, but it seems like every time I play there's at least one new player and I don't want to overwhelm them. Though at some point I might just throw someone in the deep end so I can give crusades a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With just 4 players I tend to agree - those games really can end pretty early. With 5 or 6 players I think the VP goal is good as it is.

I played this game quite some times and we are still not using all expansions as I really think the game is already pretty great as it is. But we are always using the Tactics expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems sensible for the VP to scale with the number of players
Or alternatively you could try eliminating sections of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalek5 wrote:
Or alternatively you could try eliminating sections of the board.

Eliminating sections doesn't really work because each section is part of two different things, between government and church. So you can't just get rid any one thing as a whole without leaving something else incomplete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Dalek5 wrote:

I would think that getting to 3 VP would be harder the more players you have. There are very few ways to get VP in this game, and the more crowded it is the harder it would be to get extra fief titles.

While I haven't tried it yet, the expansions do change it to 3 VP for solo, 5 VP for allied victory. Which sounds interesting; it guarantees that in an allied victory, at least one person has 3 VP, making an assassination a more risky venture, as well as putting a bigger target on your back for your dear beloved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On my side we always play this variant of +1 VP at 3 or 4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.