Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Urdinaran
United States
Hammonton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The hunters were somewhat spread out (Lord G in Cologne, Seward in Madrid, VH in Genoa, Mina in Vienna), so I decided to setup in Belgrade. My initial strategy was to go through the Balkans as slowly as possible.

Hunters spent the 1st 2 turns gearing up; I traveled to Klausenburg then Galatz. The next day, Seward plays Hired Scouts and reveals my start location. The game is afoot! I move to Bucharest and then so does Mina; combat ensues (I placed a New Vampire here expecting her move). I get Mina down to 1 Health left before she escapes! The Lord G and VH are on their way, so I opt to run instead of finishing off Mina. I Wolf Form to Salonica and then spend my next turn playing Feed, in order to recover some damage from the tussle with Mina.

I then go Ionian-Tyrrhenian-Cagliari, place a Reckless Vampire, then follow up with Hide, in order to further confuse the Hunters. By this point Lord G, VH, and Mina have cleaned out the Balkans (they finished off my New Vampire in Bucharest) and Seward is in northern Italy waiting for traces of me. The hunters then begin moving into Italy looking for me, except for Lord G who has moved to Munich.

I then move to sea again and land in Alicante, frustrating the hunters once again. They move towards France-Spain as I move to Madrid and then Santander. The noose is tightening, so I move to Bordeaux and place Unnatural Fog just before VH enters the city. I opt to avoid combat and flee to Nantes then Le Havre, placing an Aristocratic Vampire with a Rumor token. At this point, with 3 Hunters in southern France and Lord G in Frankfurt I make a bold play!

I play Unearthly Swiftness, first move to Paris, then Wolf Form to Nuremburg via Strausbourg behind Lord G! The Hunters don’t catch on at first, and by the time they do it’s too late. I travel towards Castle Dracula, leaving various delaying encounters. My Aristocratic Vampire in Le Havre matures on Monday night of the 4th week and then the game ended with me at Galatz with 13 points.

Some of the hunter players were a little frustrated in the end, but all in all, a good game. After the 1st week, the hunters were reluctant to shop at night so I never really got that many event cards. Honestly, I think this hurt them more than it did me. There were times that they had me down to 2-3 cities and some events could have royally screwed my plans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
urdinaran wrote:
Some of the hunter players were a little frustrated in the end, but all in all, a good game.

Good frustration ("Oh man, we were so close!") or bad frustration ("I think this game is impossible. Let's play something else.")?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Urdinaran
United States
Hammonton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Little bit of both; 3 hr game + beer will do that. It was everybody's first time playing. "It's kinda like Whitechapel, but with cards and combat".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooles D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have this game but have not had a chance to play it yet but boy do I want to after reading this synopsis!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.