10 Posts

The Longest Day» Forums » Rules

Subject: Need an OCR scan of the original rulebook PLEASE!!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
hi all -

Is there someone who can please make me an 'OCR' pdf scan of the ENTIRE r/b, cover-to-cover?

I am trying to turn the original r/b into an un-altered word.doc and my printer/scanner is not cooperating!!!!

ALSO, I will offer my entire "stash" of BGG Geek Gold to the person who can do this! (That's a whopping 1.1 GG BTW...not much, but it's what I have.)

Much Thanks in advance!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank mulder
Netherlands
zwolle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, you can download the complete 2e edition in de file section, format is pdf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks, but that's not what I need.

I am going to start a new edit from SCRATCH - top to bottom.

I am already in contact/discussion with the guy(s) who did that 2ed r/b.

My plan is to COMPLETELY re-write the entire rules. I intensely dislike the AH rules style and that needs to go. That will remove 75% of the r/b ambiguity outright I suspect.

Can you help?? My printer/scanner is simply not cooperating!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

What's 'OCR"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I forget what it stands for, but it is a setting you can put your scanner into when creating a pdf from a scan. It makes the text copy/paste-able. More usefully, I believe it allows one to "search" the pdf.

But basically, an OCR scan allows you to c/p the text into a word.doc or some other application.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can scan and OCR the rulebook tomorrow if you still need it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Yes please Clayton!

Thanks much!

Have you been following along on CSW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drat, just checking here now. I'll get the PDF scanned. I'll check CSW too. I've been playing an ongoing game of this for over a year with 2 other players. We are only up to July 19!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

klaytonz wrote:
Drat, just checking here now. I'll get the PDF scanned. I'll check CSW too. I've been playing an ongoing game of this for over a year with 2 other players. We are only up to July 19!

Awesome. FTF or PBeM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FTF, it's a bit dusty now so luckily not my copy. We aim to meet every Saturday for one turn but in reality maybe 2 per month. Then we lost a lot of time over the summer. The German has home-field advantage for his turn and has done a masterful defense maximising building of fortifications. The allied artillery is just getting to enough strength that each corps can hit the toughest defensive hex in their areas hard enough clear them. Of course that's 1 hex at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.