$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
38.5% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Krosmaster: Arena» Forums » General

Subject: Looking at starting up with Krosmaster but confused as to what to get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MM has a good sale on Krosmaster stuff right now, so it seems a good time to try it out. Krosmaster Arena 1.0 is on sale, but I know that 2.0 is due soon. Should I wait?

Also, I could get most of the Season 2 minis in the sale. Would it be better to pick those up, and wait for 2.0 main game? Or get the Season 2 minis and the 1.0 rules?

Finally, would Season 2 window boxes 1-8 cover all season 2 minis?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more question. Why is a season 2 24 mini draft pack more expensive than 8 season 2 window boxes? Both the regular and sale price is cheaper for the window boxes. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Ostolaza
Peru
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to collect the game, get all the seasons, there is no question about it. If you plan getting into competitive games, there are plenty of season 1 and 2 minis into competitive games, so you may want to get copies of those. There is where the window boxes come in, they let you choose what you are going to get.

Take some time looking trough Krosfinder.com so you may get info on each specific mini.

The draft pack comes with all the minis from one season, but not the promotionals... those you need to look for in events and ebay.

Well, hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't some of the promo figures also in the window boxes? Minis such as Yugo, Nox and Evangelyne all appear to be in both, right? So are you just talking about ones like Goultard the Barbarian?

And any opinion on whether to just buy the window boxes and wait for 2.0, versus buying 1.0?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the base game, and a few packs of figures.
Unless you're hardcore into the competitive side, or just collecting, you don't need a whole lot of stuff.
Great games can be had with about 20 figures to allow for a good variety of builds, and it will keep things from getting stale.

Unless you're absolutely set on getting it all, or competing, Krosmaster is a game that you can play with just a few things.

1.0 is supposed to be compatible with 2.0, so I don't think it will really matter what base box you get. If you can get it cheap, then go for it. It's worth the $300 I Kickstarted it for, so I'd say it's definitely worth it at the reduced prices around lately.

Grab a few things, try it out, and get more if you enjoy it later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Sounds like getting most of the 1.0 minis in window packs, then getting the 2.0 game will be the way to go.

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krosmaster 2.0 is finally out now in the US. Available at Miniature Market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
Krosmaster 2.0 is finally out now in the US. Available at Miniature Market.

Yep, ordered it over the weekend. I ended up getting a ton of stuff for a really good price. More than I'll probably ever need, I'm sure, but it all looks so cool, I couldn't help but take advantage.

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
Got my 2.0 too (europe english version here)? Is there a re-balancing for the old cards? With the new rules maybe old cards need to be rebalanced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.