Popular Tags: [View All]
James Campbell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your best, and most accurate, bet would be to contact the various fulfillment centers with the details of what you're sending and get a quote directly from them.

If you're planning to do this yourself, go to the UK Post website and start entering information for a variety of locations to get a price.

It's a lot of work, but well worth it to get accurate pricing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rorschach9 wrote:
Your best, and most accurate, bet would be to contact the various fulfillment centers with the details of what you're sending and get a quote directly from them.

If you're planning to do this yourself, go to the UK Post website and start entering information for a variety of locations to get a price.

It's a lot of work, but well worth it to get accurate pricing.

Thanks for your reply. From shopping around it looks like I can get UK to UK for pretty cheap.

On the other hand, the cheapest I can get USA postage is 9.99, which is more than the item costs.

I've looked at the post office, parcel force, parcel monkey, parcels 2 go, and a few I've never heard of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've dug a bit deeper into posting small items via Royal Mail and it looks like I've found a reasonable price!

I'm not the best with this sort of thing, but am i right in thinking that the most it will cost via royal mail is £4.50?

Link here: http://www.royalmail.com/personal/international-delivery/int...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Barker
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the OP as it's hard to answer the question without this information:

kirkatronics wrote:
Hi guys

I'm getting together a rough prices for when I finally decide to launch my kickstarter.

At the moment in trying to work out the cost of shipping from the UK to anywhere in the world.

Each package weighs along 100grams, and is the size of a deck of poker cards.

Hopefully I should be shipping at least 1000 units mostly to different addresses.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

Edit: the game is being printed in the UK. Once I get the final numbers would it be better to send them to a fulfilment companies in the more popular countries?

A small parcel looks to be about that price, yes, depending on the final weight. A 100 gram parcel would be £4.15, a 150 gram parcel (remember you have to include the weight of packaging and any paperwork that goes with it) would cost £5.05 for example.

Your best bet really would be to mock up a package (deck of cards, fully packaged with any paperwork) and take it to a post office to be weighed and they'll give you a price in person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBFG wrote:
Here's the OP as it's hard to answer the question without this information:

kirkatronics wrote:
Hi guys

I'm getting together a rough prices for when I finally decide to launch my kickstarter.

At the moment in trying to work out the cost of shipping from the UK to anywhere in the world.

Each package weighs along 100grams, and is the size of a deck of poker cards.

Hopefully I should be shipping at least 1000 units mostly to different addresses.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

Edit: the game is being printed in the UK. Once I get the final numbers would it be better to send them to a fulfilment companies in the more popular countries?

A small parcel looks to be about that price, yes, depending on the final weight. A 100 gram parcel would be £4.15, a 150 gram parcel (remember you have to include the weight of packaging and any paperwork that goes with it) would cost £5.05 for example.

Your best bet really would be to mock up a package (deck of cards, fully packaged with any paperwork) and take it to a post office to be weighed and they'll give you a price in person.

Thanks, you're abig help.
Not sure where my original post went.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Barker
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually a first post will only disappear when the author clicks on "Delete" hoping it will delete the whole thread. Only the first post gets deleted if anyone has replied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.