Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: This game has come a long way rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Bored as I was, I thought it would be fun to go back in time and read the earliest threads of this forum. Boy was I right!

The excitement when the kickstarter began (we've reached 10k of the 35k goal woho), the complaints of the lack of rulebook, the complaints at the very expensive price of $100 (oh, if they only knew) for only a few minis, the debates of the nude nature of the female models.. those discussions seem kinda adorable now

Ahh well I have no point of this thread really. Just looking forward to the kickstarter in november so I can get as excited as these people were four years ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gyorgy Boda
Hungary
Dunakeszi
Pest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not believe the "innocence" of the original campaign will be back though. KDM is a known quantity now, so excitement will not be the same
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
bodaster wrote:
I do not believe the "innocence" of the original campaign will be back though. KDM is a known quantity now, so excitement will not be the same

No, of course not. But I think it will be a fun KS experience nonetheless and poots hopefully (probably) has some surprises up his sleeve. Wonder what his funding goal will be though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I popped my kickstarter cherry with Kingdom Death.

I'd seen some of the earlier big money makers and almost taken the plunge, but Kingdom Death's Monster Hunter meets Dark Souls aesthetics finally took me deep down into that crowdfunding rabbit hole.

Never to recover!
It really was a special campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bodaster wrote:

Actually, I would say that hype might be even higher, now that people know the kind of beast KD:M is to contend with. I bet and hope that this KS be ubersucessful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the debates about nude female figures never changed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:

Which is why most adults do the adult thing, and ignore those people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:

Naw, the thread from way back when is locked now, so that's an update.

(looks like there were some personal insults, and honestly, the conversation had run its course)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
From original gameplay demos and pictures it definitely has changed a lot... that said, it's hardly surprising with nearly 4 year production cycle. I love that it's not stopping either. New KS is definitely going to draw attention.

Poots is likely to follow tradition and have 2016 KS ship in 2020. But now the box will be a real human sized coffin box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonahdel Gallemit
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
odinsgrandson wrote:
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:

Naw, the thread from way back when is locked now, so that's an update.

(looks like there were some personal insults, and honestly, the conversation had run its course)

Are we overdue for a new one? O.o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
bodaster wrote:

I wasn't on KS back in those days, so I'll be pretty damn excited! But I get what you're saying. It won't be the same as the first time. Few things are!

IASeldon wrote:
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:

Poots is a smart man. He doesn't ignore people. He just had a different solution to their issue - make smutty male minis as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Artistix wrote:
bodaster wrote:

I wasn't on KS back in those days, so I'll be pretty damn excited! But I get what you're saying. It won't be the same as the first time. Few things are!

IASeldon wrote:
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:

Poots is a smart man. He doesn't ignore people. He just had a different solution to their issue - make smutty male minis as well.

Unless you are counting the one starting survivor from the halloween gift bag dressed as a cat or the two male witches...none of which are pin-ups, then I have not seen a single male pin-up on sale at the store.

There are rumors of such things, but no show of actual product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
Why do they have to be labeled as pinups for you to consider them smutty?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They all should be called...

Glue-Ups.

You heard it here first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Symmetrical Docking wrote:
Why do they have to be labeled as pinups for you to consider them smutty?

Google pin-up girls and tell me they aren't.

As for the Glue-ups...I'm really torn between a chuckle and punching my face with a wall. Could go either way, really.

Maybe just have some milk. Hmmm. Good ole milk!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
Truly words have no meaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.