$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.9% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The title says it all - can you share any information about this Promo (rules, components, image)?
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: "Istanbul - Brettspiel Adventskalender 2016" Promo
Well the title ALMOST said it all, you were missing the infamous "?". I came to this thread thinking you had the answer to the question you're actually asking (like you I'm very interested in knowing the answer to your question).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Meister
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious about this, too. Is it simply a Camel Meeple for the Caravansary, or is it another promo that would add much more? Curious minds want to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a tile that replaces the Fountain Post Office. That's all I know because I also wondered if it was the camel promo or a properly-printed Kebab Shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
It's a tile that replaces the Fountain, that isn't the Kebab Shop. That's all I know because I also wondered if it was the camel promo or a properly-printed Kebab Shop.

We must know more!

Who can help us out?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
It's a tile that replaces the Fountain, that isn't the Kebab Shop. That's all I know because I also wondered if it was the camel promo or a properly-printed Kebab Shop.

Matthias Nagy stated somewhere that all promos will be brand new ones.
I really hope(d) that these are new Demand tiles for the Small/Large market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

We must know more!

Who can help us out?!

It had an un-thematic name... Pegasus Game Depot or something like that. I didn't question what the effect was. Not sure why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed the Pegasus game depot tile, which replaces the post Office tile and seems pretty cool since it also incorporates the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
It is indeed the Pegasus game depot tile, which replaces the post Office tile and seems pretty cool since it also incorporates the expansions.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pretty please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haha, I'm on vacation now, so someone else will probably beat me to it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung

Paradise Valley
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
Khonnor wrote:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pretty please.

You will know tonight!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Got it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

From the look of the tile, it seemed boring (just roll dice and take corresponding rewards), but the number-covering and moving mechanic gives some choice. With the double-use (2x) bonus card, this will be really powerful.

The obvious question... where do we get it? soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Answering my own question, I came across this comment:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24018562#24018562
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grabiner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jlwill wrote:
From the look of the tile, it seemed boring (just roll dice and take corresponding rewards), but the number-covering and moving mechanic gives some choice. With the double-use (2x) bonus card, this will be really powerful.

It is slightly weaker than the original post office, which gives 2-4 lire and two goods, with the goods known in advance. Here, you will get 2-3 lire and two goods, or 5 lire and one good, with randomness and a small amount of choice, and no choice if you rolled two covered numbers.

In particular, the 2x bonus card will be weakened early in the game. With the old post office, the 2x bonus card could guarantee you a pair of items for a mosque (or one of each if the post office is on the last spot, which is good for the Sultan's Palace); with the dice, you won't know whether you can get the pair you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Grabiner wrote:
jlwill wrote:

It is slightly weaker than the original post office, which gives 2-4 lire and two goods, with the goods known in advance. Here, you will get 2-3 lire and two goods, or 5 lire and one good, with randomness and a small amount of choice, and no choice if you rolled two covered numbers.

In particular, the 2x bonus card will be weakened early in the game. With the old post office, the 2x bonus card could guarantee you a pair of items for a mosque (or one of each if the post office is on the last spot, which is good for the Sultan's Palace); with the dice, you won't know whether you can get the pair you want.

You're right that, on average, rewards will be lower. But the fact you have some choice, depending on the dice roles, certainly helps.

If you're really lucky, with the 2x bonus you could get 10 lira, or 3x2 resources (enough for three early game mosque tiles). But how lucky would you need to be?

I've worked out the chances of getting two particular rewards, given the three possible starting situations, for a regular turn (no 2x bonus).
1. The desired rewards are both covered (plus one other): 16.7%
2. One of the desired rewards is covered (plus two others): 22.2%
3. Neither of the desired rewards is covered (three others are): 44.4%

You could use those as starting points for working out probabilities for getting what you want with the 2x bonus, but it starts to get more complicated. As an example, if you wanted two particular rewards twice each (with the bonus), and they start uncovered, you'd have 19.8% chance of getting them (44.4% x 44.4%).

Edit: I'm thinking about the chances of getting three desired resources in a turn instead of two. Clearly numbers will be much lower.

Edit 2: 1. Changed from 25% to 16.7% (catering for rolling doubles).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the chances of getting three desired rewards:
1. All three are covered: 0%
2. Two of the three are covered: 5.6%
3. One of the three is covered: 8.3%
4. None of the three are covered: 25%

I hope I've calculated the probabilities correctly. I'm sure someone will correct me if I haven't
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
after playing 50+ games of istanbul with expansions... we keep saying post office is one of the best locations ever (or even the best).

now they replaced it, with even stronger/powerful one??!!! shake

maybe i am wrong but i really want to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.