Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I lose things all the time and they usually turn up after a while somewhere obvious.

My most recent misplacement was my 3DS XL, which was lost for about 7 months.
It turned up in a friend's car when he was about to trade it in. It was only found because he thought he dropped some money.

The biggest thing I misplaced was my car. I dropped a friend off in an unfamiliar town. Whilst he was doing his thing I went for a walk.

As I turned the last corner back to my car it wasn't the street i parked on. After hours of looking lost and panicked a police car pulled up to ask what the problem was and they eventually helped me find it.

So, whats the biggest thing you've lost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
A box with several watches inside. I've no idea where it is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The elephant I tell lies about owning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
120 lbs of beautiful female, to some other lucky guy whom she liked just a bit better than me, obviously. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Universe.

It was just gone.

Poof! Just because you close your eyes for a little nap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
120 lbs of beautiful female, to some other lucky guy whom she liked just a bit better than me, obviously. :cry:
Tempting isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does my mind count?

I did lose my car once. I woke up with an awful puke inducing hangover. I went outside to get in my car to go to the store to get some gator-aid some chocolate, and a cheese burger only to find my car was not in the driveway. Having been the year long before cellphones and internet, it took a bunch of phone calls and searching to find out it was at a friends house that dropped me off at home the night before. I had to walk several miles to go get it because he was not answering his phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Myself.
I have always know exactly where I was, but often not where I wanted to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I have the perfect answer for this one, but I don't want to steer this to a different forum....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
Man, I have the perfect answer for this one, but I don't want to steer this to a different forum....

Starts with a "V", ends with a "Y"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OSAKA Kobe KYOTO Nara BULLET to TOKYO
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
A box with several watches inside. I've no idea where it is...

Time will tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:

Yup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:

Yup.

That's no big thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If we count things that were stolen: I had my car broken into and they took my bag. The bag was found, but minus my dice collection and about $400 in rent money.

If we're just talking about losing stuff: I left a fairly expensive tennis racquet on a bus back in high school (when I very briefly played tennis).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McChrisface
United Kingdom
Cropwell Bishop
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Had a house stolen from me once at Uni.

We had decided to move to a different place due to rent costs etc but where having trouble finding something that suited all of us, one flatmate got cold feet and re-signed the lease on his own with out telling the rest of us.

What he did tell us was when he wanted us all to move out so his other friends could move in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A car in a parking lot.

It took over 30 minutes, but I finally found it.

Most expensive? I once lost some Disney tickets that didn't expire that I had hid carefully in my house. When we moved is when I found them--several years later!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
sauron
General Consensus: 'moi' "mind"; while at least 'moi' 'cucumber' WERE still 'bigger' t`was "found renown"! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
slatersteven wrote:
The elephant I tell lies about owning.
Yes, along with 'chocolate cake' in a 'bag', apparently!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a brilliant Ford Falcon sedan stolen less than two weeks after I bought it. The joyriding bastards wrote it off when they crashed into a brick wall. They escaped but there was blood everywhere - I'm a little uncomfortable admitting that this pleases me.

The largest thing I've actually lost was an inflatable dingy. I thought it was out of reach of the waves, but evidently not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin
Australia
Murrumbeena
Victoria
flag msg tools
I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've lost my car temporarily in enormous, unfamiliar car parks on several occasions. It's never a nice feeling, so I've learned to pay close attention to the exact location of my parking space before leaving the car. It helps to photograph signs which give the bay number, row, level and so on with my phone when I'm parking somewhere new.

Things I've lost permanently over the years include a couple of pieces of jewellery, a jacket, a jumper or two, a sun hat and several umbrellas - mostly by putting them down somewhere and forgetting them when I leave. The washing machine has occasionally disappeared some of my socks somehow too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Waller
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The car of course - rather dull for the theme of the OP. I was late at the airport, parked my car hurriedly in the airport car park and ran off for a three day trip to London. I couldnt even remember which one of the two (out of three) possible car parks it was in. Took me a while walking around with the key until I hear a comfortable 'click' of a door opening somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
120 lbs of beautiful female, to some other lucky guy whom she liked just a bit better than me, obviously. cry

Maybe try for the 240 lbs variety? Won't lose her as easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin
Australia
Murrumbeena
Victoria
flag msg tools
I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
mbmbmbmbmb
TrustyJules wrote:
Took me a while walking around with the key until I hear a comfortable 'click' of a door opening somewhere.

My car doesn't have remote central locking, so unfortunately wandering around a car park with my keys in hand isn't a lot of help!

I've discovered that there are a surprising number of cars around which look exactly like mine... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I left my Panasonic Lumix GX1 camera and a 200mm lens hanging on a bathroom wall at a campground in Florence, Oregon for two hours. Gone forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.