Vanuatu (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Passing turn question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the rules said that if you have action markers on the board, than you cant pass your turn.

But!

What happens if a two player game, i have only 1 action marker left on an action space, where my opponent have simple majority, but its my turn to do an action?

- I cant do the action, because i have no majority...
- My turn is not skipped, because i have action markers on the board...
- I cant pass, because i have action marker on the board...

What can i do? O.o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very clearly laid out on pg. 7. You lose the action marker and play continues to the next player.

Any time you have to play but cannot due to no majority, you must remove markers without performing the action, your choice if there are multiple spots. That is why planning your marker placement is so critical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, i can accept that, but i think its not clearly written on page 7.

The red box with the exclamation mark says: "If a player holds majority on an action thats impossible for them to perform, they must still remove those action markers."

But in my example i do not have majority on that action space. My opponent has, but its my turn, and i have action markers only on this space.

English is not my native language, maybe thats causing the problem, but i think the wording in this rule is not clearly answers my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff is correct unless there is something different about the 2P rules than the regular game. However, I will take your side a little bit. The rule that you have to remove tokens when you have nothing but minorities is not something you can find quickly in the manual. I remember an issue coming up about this when I played last weekend and it took us awhile to find the rule to make sure we were executing correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's a language version thing? The English rulebook in that same box goes on to say: "If a player holds no majorities on their turn, they retrieve all of their action markers from any one Action Space without performing the action."

I know my copy came with multiple language rulebooks, maybe check a different one? I can't imagine they are different, but maybe an error in translation. Anyway, I hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maybe I'm biased as I did the English translation but doesn't

"If a player holds no majorities on their turn, they retrieve all of their action markers from any one Action Space without performing the action."

actually cover your example. It's your turn, you have no majorities, thus you remove all your action markers from any one space without performing the action. In this case, since you only have one marker, you have no choice in which one to remove, and you don't perform the action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohh, okay, thanks, finally i found this rule in the book!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.