Combat Commander: Pacific» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mines rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cesar Costa
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
Hi. I'm a newbie to this fantastic game and I have some questions about "Mines" rules:

1. When an attacker unit moving to a hex is surprised by a Hidden Mines action, do the mine attack occurs when the unit is entering and when it tries to leave that hex?

2. Can the defender player choose any hex except water and fortification, even without LOS?

3. The manual doesn't states anything about remove a mines marker after it's use. Is there a way to remove, cancel or suspend the effects of a mines marker?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Pence
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Hidden Mines trigger as soon as they are reveled to have been in the hex, and then again when the poor bastards move out of the hex.

Correct. LOS is not required for placement of the mines. Just not in a water or existing fortification hex.

Typically, Mines are only destroyed by Artillery strikes (if you destroy fortifications in a hex- rare), or by the use of an action card like Sappers Demolitions.

Welcome to the Pacific, leatherneck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, concise response, Farsol !

Welcome, cesaraac !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HEEREN Xavier
Belgium
Liège
Lièe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mines can be removed with sapper event too .....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Costa
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
At this moment this is everything I need. Thank you guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Farsol wrote:
Typically, Mines are only destroyed by Artillery strikes (if you destroy fortifications in a hex- rare), or by the use of an action card like Sappers.
cmoipap wrote:
mines can be removed with sapper event too .....

I'm not seeing Sappers as an action nor as an event in the Pacific rulebook. There is a Sappers Event in Europe (E70).

I'm looking through the Pacific rulebook, and I only find two events that could remove mines: Blaze and Breezy. There are two Actions that could remove them: Demolitions and Explosive Charge. Although I would not play Explosive Charge to remove a mine marker in the opponent's hex.

And as Patrick (Farsol) mentioned, possibly by artillery (or dive bomber) strikes.

Quote:
F100.2 Removal
Fortifications can be eliminated during play
via various events, the Demolitions action
[A38], the Explosive Charge action [A40] or
the Fortification Vulnerability Table [O24.3.4]
when its hex is attacked by artillery or dive
bomber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Pence
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the correction! I was thinking of Demolitions, not Sappers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.