Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enoch Wright
United States
New Philadelphia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title asks, if a player has seen both Clues already, are they allowed to search?

I was the traitor and didn't know it. My opponent searched (even though he already knew it was me) and the handprint card flipped up again for him (3 times!) and I was never able to see if I was the traitor. I don't think he should be able to.

Thanks,

Enoch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why was he doing that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Wright
United States
New Philadelphia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
Why was he doing that?

It was the 4th card, so we both knew it was the handprint (I unsuccessfully searched before he did), he wanted to keep me from getting it...

We both equally searched the entire game, he got 3 handprints, I got 1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think that would indicate to you right there that you must be Klein.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Wright
United States
New Philadelphia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, since I didn't see them both, that he was Klein. No way for me to figure that out without seeing both clues... (He was Geek and I was cheerleader, the one clue I saw was muddy shoes, so really either of us could have been.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, so it was just a two player game?

I would say, though, that there's really no way of telling players that they can't Search if they've already seen both of the Clues. For one thing, there's no practical way to keep track. For another, let's say someone Searched on previous turns, but they forgot what they saw, or can't read their notes. They should be able to try to look again.

I think you just got unlucky. I certainly don't think it's a very good strategy for one player to try to deny another play from getting the handprint when Searching. That will not work most of the time, and they will end up wasting their time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no limit on searching. What you described is exactly the reason a Player can continue to search. By doing that you have to suspect that either you or the other Player is possessed by Klein.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Wright
United States
New Philadelphia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Greg! I think it would be rare to happen again, but I'm glad I know the answer.

PS: Now my friend won't let me live it down! I thought that he wouldn't be able to search again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.