Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Shirezu
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to find the title for a game I played in the late 80's/early 90's. I've found all the other games I remember on here but not this one. To add to the difficulty I played it in Australia.

From memory the game was about owning companies or brands. It wasn't Stock Market Game, though I did also play that around the same time. The board was covered in squares(?) that had the company logos. I distinctly remember McDonald's being one of them, but I can't remember if they were all US brands or if there were any Australian specific ones.

I know it's not a lot to go on, I've asked my family and they don't remember. I've tried searching but haven't found anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gosland
Australia
Hoddles Creek
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Was it 'Poleconomy'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps a version of Fortune? The one I grew up with didn't have McDonald's but it looks like there were several different versions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shirezu
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallbanks wrote:
Was it 'Poleconomy'?

No it wasn't Poleconomy

the pete wrote:
Perhaps a version of Fortune? The one I grew up with didn't have McDonald's but it looks like there were several different versions...

or Fortune.

I'm pretty sure it didn't have a Monopoly style board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
Fast Food Franchise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shirezu
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Wow, they really make games about everything. No it wasn't that. It wasn't about fast food, it was about all sorts of companies, McDonald's is just the one I remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Maxi Bour$e?

Negotiator?

Big Wheel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shirezu
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely not The Logo Board Game or Logo! or any other game with 'logo' in the title I've found on BGG. Same with the word 'brand'.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a MB or PB game, there weren't too many hobby stores around where I grew up, but on the other hand I have no idea where it came from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shirezu
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:

None of them sorry. This has been bugging me for years. Going to try and dig more out of my family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
Shirezu wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Wow, they really make games about everything. No it wasn't that. It wasn't about fast food, it was about all sorts of companies, McDonald's is just the one I remember.

It will be interesting to see what it was, as McDonald's doesn't give their IP out willy nilly. And for the game to have other big names, seems well, odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shirezu
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Shirezu wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

It will be interesting to see what it was, as McDonald's doesn't give their IP out willy nilly.

That's why I thought it wouldn't be hard to find but...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Kafka
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if it had McDonald's, but I thought of The American Dream Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Beings 'Australia' then might it had been as: ""the Golden Upturned Arches"-UU-" robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shirezu
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JosefK wrote:

Hmm I wonder if there was a localized version of that. The board isn't ringing immediate bells but so far it's the closest. I will look further into that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Shirezu wrote:
JosefK wrote:

Hmm I wonder if there was a localized version of that. The board isn't ringing immediate bells but so far it's the closest. I will look further into that one.
There are "Millionaire"-versions depicting LOCAL businesses, too include 'namebrand' sort, and the latest kind 'moi' has is from 1984.
It is about Kirkland, WA USA: "Home of the Seahawks"; of which they'd since relocated to newer facilities further south. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rietveld
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shirezu wrote:
I'm trying to find the title for a game I played in the late 80's/early 90's. I've found all the other games I remember on here but not this one. To add to the difficulty I played it in Australia.

From memory the game was about owning companies or brands. It wasn't Stock Market Game, though I did also play that around the same time. The board was covered in squares(?) that had the company logos. I distinctly remember McDonald's being one of them, but I can't remember if they were all US brands or if there were any Australian specific ones.

I know it's not a lot to go on, I've asked my family and they don't remember. I've tried searching but haven't found anything.

I've been trying to figure out the name of a similar one as well! The Poleconomy didn't help you, but it is correct for me!
Thanks Australian John!

I remember absolutely loving it, and to this day economic games are my favorite.

I had it in Canada, which is a lot like Australia, but less things in the wild can kill you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.