• [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 541 cards, standard poker size (63mm x 88mm). Color is personal preference, but I sleeve the Hero and Monster cards in black and the Town cards in blue.

One budget solution that uses half the amount of sleeves is to have all of the standard cards sleeved - Prowess, Strike, Might, Seal, Heroism, Wounds, Walls, Corpses, Shadowrifts - and only sleeve the varying Hero Cards and Monsters that you use for that specific game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
There are 540 cards, standard poker size (63mm x 88mm). Color is personal preference, but I sleeve the Hero and Monster cards in black and the Town cards in blue.

Could you provide a breakdown of how many of each category of card there are (for each of the expansions as well), for those of us that would like to sleeve each different card type in a different colour?

Thanks in advance if you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Game Salute wrote:
There are 540 cards, standard poker size (63mm x 88mm). Color is personal preference, but I sleeve the Hero and Monster cards in black and the Town cards in blue.

Could you provide a breakdown of how many of each category of card there are (for each of the expansions as well), for those of us that would like to sleeve each different card type in a different colour?

Hey Scott,

You can find the card breakdown on page 3 of the rulebook. In case you can't find the document, I've uploaded it here:
http://www.filedropper.com/shadowriftrulebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diederik wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Game Salute wrote:

Hey Scott,

You can find the card breakdown on page 3 of the rulebook. In case you can't find the document, I've uploaded it here:
http://www.filedropper.com/shadowriftrulebook

Thanks.

Is there are breakdown available for Eve of the Sickle Moon?

And, am I right in thinking that the Archfiend and Hero Title cards are separate card types too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
They are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karishi wrote:
They are.

Thanks.

Is there a breakdown available for Eve of the Sickle Moon?

Are all the cards in that Monster cards? Are there any town or hero cards included? Archfiend cards?

I would like to get sleeves ordered hopefully in time for the game's arrival, and wish to sleeve the different types of card in different coloured sleeves. So need to know exactly how the various sets break down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without regard to counts, I recommend different colored sleeves for player, monster, and village cards. This makes card sorting before or after the game a little quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carrion wrote:
Without regard to counts, I recommend different colored sleeves for player, monster, and village cards. This makes card sorting before or after the game a little quicker.

Indeed. That is exactly why I want to know the card breakdowns, so that I can purchase the right numbers of sleeves accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go, Scott:

48 Hero cards
45 Monster cards
10 Randomizer cards
17 Town cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
Here you go, Scott:

48 Hero cards
45 Monster cards
10 Randomizer cards
17 Town cards

Awesome! Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
carrion wrote:

I generally went with four colors, in line with the four colors of the card backs. Various "special" cards like the Totems don't get shuffled in with other things, and having them in bright yellow sleeves can make it easy to notice that you're doing something you shouldn't if you Seal a Totem and start putting it on the bottom of the monster deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karishi wrote:
carrion wrote:

I generally went with four colors, in line with the four colors of the card backs. Various "special" cards like the Totems don't get shuffled in with other things, and having them in bright yellow sleeves can make it easy to notice that you're doing something you shouldn't if you Seal a Totem and start putting it on the bottom of the monster deck.

Four colours?

Are we talking about 1st or 2nd Edition here?

The second edition rules, as linked to above, seems to indicate there are only 3 colours of card back:

Red: monster cards.
Blue: town cards.
Yellow: player cards.

What is the 4th type/colour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
karishi wrote:
carrion wrote:

Four colours?

Are we talking about 1st or 2nd Edition here?

The second edition rules, as linked to above, seems to indicate there are only 3 colours of card back:

Red: monster cards.
Blue: town cards.
Yellow: player cards.

What is the 4th type/colour?

I was indeed talking about my play experience with 1st Ed. I haven't actually gotten my copy of 2nd Ed yet
But I stand by my statement: A noticeable 4th color for cards that don't get shuffled in with other decks seems wise. These would be Totems, Zombies, and Tempests, and Title cards if you're using those.
It was a much bigger deal when you had Coins as cards, because people were always forgetting that those didn't go into their decks. It was really good to have sharp contrast between the Coin sleeves and Player Card sleeves, to help people catch that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone wants a quick reference for sleeving the base game, here are the card breakdowns by card back. For example, some of the Monster Special cards have Town or Hero backs and are included in the Town and Hero counts, and the 18 Monster Special cards are only those cards that aren't shuffled into another deck.

Essentially, think of each line as a potential sleeve color. If you use different color sleeves for the Randomizer and Movement cards, you're a hardcore player.

306 Hero Cards
56 Town Cards
126 Monster Cards (4 Zombies are sleeved with Monster Specials)
22 Monster Specials
30 Randomizer Cards
4 Movement Cards

545 Total Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
In case anyone wants a quick reference for the base game:

306 Hero Cards
56 Town Cards
130 Monster Cards
18 Monster Specials
30 Randomizer Cards
4 Movement Cards

545 Total Cards

EDIT2: OH! "These cards have a variety of backs fitting their individual uses in the game"!

I guess that explains the discrepancy!

:facepalm:

EDIT3: Are the 6 Shadowrifts included in the "130 Monster Cards" count?
And are the "18 Monster Specials" not shuffled in to other decks (and so could have a different sleeve colour)?

That doesn't seem to match up with what's in the rule book Diederick linked to:

Which would seem to indicate that there are:

294 Hero Cards
46 Town Cards
120 Monster Cards
44 Monster Specials
6 Shadowrifts
30 Randomizer Cards
4 Movement Cards

544 Total Cards

Is that rulebook out of date, or are your numbers?
And, if it is the latter, can I be sure that your numbers for Eve of the Sickle Moon are correct?
Or is there something that I'm missing about the component list in the rulebook that explains this discrepancy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so, just to double check this, these are the numbers I've got (including Archfiends):

Quote:
Monster Cards - 175 total
2nd Edition - 130
Eve of the Sickle Moon - 45

Monster Special Cards - 18 total
2nd Edition - 18

Town Cards - 73 total
2nd Edition - 56
Eve of the Sickle Moon - 17

Hero Cards - 354 total
2nd Edition - 306
Eve of the Sickle Moon - 48

Movement Cards - 4 total
2nd Edition - 4

Randomizer Cards - 40 total
2nd Edition - 30
Eve of the Sickle Moon - 10

Hero Title Cards - 7 total
Archfiends - 7

Boss Cards - 6 total
Archfiends - 6

Boss Deck Cards - 180 total
Archfiends - 180

Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it!

I included the Shadowrift cards with the Monster cards, and the 18 Monster Special cards are just those special cards that aren't shuffled into another deck. Essentially, think of each line of my breakdown as a potential sleeve color. I've clarified my breakdown post above.

Scorpion0x17 wrote:
OK, so, just to double check this, these are the numbers I've got (including Archfiends):

Quote:
Monster Cards - 175 total
2nd Edition - 130
Eve of the Sickle Moon - 45

Monster Special Cards - 18 total
2nd Edition - 18

Town Cards - 73 total
2nd Edition - 56
Eve of the Sickle Moon - 17

Hero Cards - 354 total
2nd Edition - 306
Eve of the Sickle Moon - 48

Movement Cards - 4 total
2nd Edition - 4

Randomizer Cards - 40 total
2nd Edition - 30
Eve of the Sickle Moon - 10

Hero Title Cards - 7 total
Archfiends - 7

Boss Cards - 6 total
Archfiends - 6

Boss Deck Cards - 180 total
Archfiends - 180

Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
You got it!

I included the Shadowrift cards with the Monster cards, and the 18 Monster Special cards are just those special cards that aren't shuffled into another deck. Essentially, think of each line of my breakdown as a potential sleeve color. I've clarified my breakdown post above.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Game Salute wrote:
You got it!

Thanks!

I would reiterate my recommendation from above, though. The 4 Zombies are monsters, but shouldn't ever be anywhere in the monster deck except on top. If they die, they go back to their stack. If you're playing the Tough Zombies variant and you Explore one away, it returns to the stack.
As such, putting them in the same sleeve color as your Totems and Tempests will help make sure they don't end up somewhere they don't belong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karishi wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Game Salute wrote:
You got it!

Thanks!

I would reiterate my recommendation from above, though. The 4 Zombies are monsters, but shouldn't ever be anywhere in the monster deck except on top. If they die, they go back to their stack. If you're playing the Tough Zombies variant and you Explore one away, it returns to the stack.
As such, putting them in the same sleeve color as your Totems and Tempests will help make sure they don't end up somewhere they don't belong.

Awesome, thanks, I'll make sure they're sleeved the same as 'monster specials' then.

Just got to figure out what colour sleeves I want everything in now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
What are the movement cards? I believe I've gone through every card in the game and didn't find anything remotely like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
rpvt wrote:
What are the movement cards? I believe I've gone through every card in the game and didn't find anything remotely like that.

There should be a Start, 1, 2, and 3 card, to allow you to designate the monster attack area if you play without a board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
karishi wrote:
rpvt wrote:

There should be a Start, 1, 2, and 3 card, to allow you to designate the monster attack area if you play without a board.

Those are cardboard chits - definitely not sleeve-able! Are there different versions of the game where these are actually cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
rpvt wrote:
karishi wrote:
rpvt wrote:

Those are cardboard chits - definitely not sleeve-able! Are there different versions of the game where these are actually cards?

The "other version" would be 1st Edition. Sorry about the confusion. I haven't actually gotten my copy of my game yet, so for manufacturing/parts questions I'm going off of memory of when I played our air-shipped preview copy at GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.