Subject: Rails and Sails Digital Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean O'Grady
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
Does anyone know if this will be added as an expansion to the Android / iPad apps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Cannone
Italy
Cerignola
Foggia
flag msg tools
Oh yeah!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope so
Think it will
Can't wait for it

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Australia
flag msg tools
I imagine it would be pretty hard to implement this map on the digital platform.

Not only a lot of behind the scenes mechanics and tweaking but also visually fitting all the elements on the screen - I.e. the larger map size, extra colour card decks and separating hands of boat cards, double boat cards, train colours and harbour cards. Not to mention the additional rules such as harbour mechanic, world tour tickets and determining the number of train/ship pieces to play with.... Etc

I certainly don't think it's impossible but I think we can expect many other maps to go digital before this one.

Having said that I do hope they find a way to make it work well on digital as it will make managing all the different colour cards much easier than the board game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean O'Grady
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
All good points James. Hopefully they find a way, as the game looks very interesting, but a but pricey in its board game form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.